DirkKnudsen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Google Guide Support

I am really dejected.  We are at Level 6 and closing down on Level 7-  I do great work and pictures.  Today much of this disappeared.  Photos, ratings, etc-  all reduced to Zero and or just nothing!  I am so MAD and need to speak to a Google Rep - Who can direct me???

Please help!

PLatform Realty Group

Dirk

Hillsboro, OR 97124, USA
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Guide Support

Hopefully this link helps. There is a solution with a moderator that gave the solution.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Missing-Points/m-p/621119#M31506

Level 7

Re: Missing Points - Accuntinterruption!

Georges-

Ok I have a similar but different issue perhaps.  My partner called Google support to make some changes to our Google Suite and emails which we pay for as a business and they took our main email and made it a distribution account of some sort - in other words we could no longer log into it but all email forwarded from the main account to each of us.  She was advised to do this by two different Google Reps who had no idea we were a Google Community leader with almost 3,000,000 views and hundreds of ratings and reviews!  

A couple of days later we were experiencing issues with what they had done-  For instance our YouTube Channel was no longer accessible, nor our Twitter account.  And we called them back and the email account was resurrected.  It appears that all of the fall out of doing this to our main email has been resolved except for GOOGLE Guides-

Our main account is "Platform Realty Group" and the link is here https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/115101428577840049622/reviews/@45.2246125,-123.7185936,9z/d...

What I need help with is this-  the account is under "Info@platformrealty.com" -  it appears that hundreds and hundreds of pictures from our reviews are missing or unlinked somehow.  

Our Places added, Edits, Photos, and Videos have been all but zeroed out.

It is possible to get Google to look at our Guide account and try and reconnect any content or data that has been disrupted by the change we made (at the advice of Google CS) this past week?

All of those months of work seem to be gone.  Our Level 6 I believe was a level 7.  I started back up today reviewing 7 places today so far- but I have added at least 50 locations to Google, have lost badges, and have added a whole lot more to the community which now appears to be gone.

I sure hope we can fix this!

Dirk Knudsen

Hillsboro, Oregon

Level 10

Re: Missing Points - Accuntinterruption!

Hi @DirkKnudsen, I have merged your post with your previous thread as it was not related to the topic you first posted in. 

Anyway, I am not suer what exactly happened behind the curtains but what I suppose is that many of your contributions were removed because they were against the program rules. One, important rule is that you can only participate in the Local Guides Program as an individual - as "organizations, brands, and businesses are not eligible for the Program". Please, read it here, under "Who is qualified to be a Local Guide?"

You are clearly a business and I have no clue what exactly you were accomplishing as a Local Guide as a business but in order to avoid any conflict of interest, this is strictly disallowed. Moreover - to my best knowledge at least -, users of Google Suite are not eligible for the Program anyway but I will ask around to learn more.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Guide Support

@DirkKnudsen I took a look at your account and have not observed any discrepancy. If you are still seeing a loss of points on your Local Guides account, please share screenshots (sans all personal information) to show us where you are missing the points. 

Separately, I'd reiterate what @Csaba has mentioned and also add that all your contributions must abide to the Maps User Contributed Content Policy

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.