jsarino's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Missing Points

So, I saw this thread on the subject (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/FIXED-Missing-Photos-and-Drop-in-Points/td-p/34072...), and looks like this issue is happening again. I just cracked 5000 points last night, but tonight, I somehow lost nearly 50 points. I don't know what's missing that dropped my points, as I've done quite a bit of contributing after my overseas trip. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I don't know if there's any correlation, but I had my points just before I joined Local Guides Connect tonight. Then not long after, I lost my points after joining.

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Missing Points

Hello @jsarino,

As per my latest information, all the issues that we had are now resolved. So my best guess is that some of your contributions were removed or marked as private by our filters as I mentioned in my first post.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Hey @jsarino,
Welcome to Connect!

Thanks for reaching out. Regarding missing points, points are awarded per high-quality contribution of a place and all contributions must be made public. Some of your contributions may be marked private if they do not adhere to our policies (reviews, photos and videos, community). 

I know you mentioned you do not know, but please try to find out where you are seeing a decrease in points? (Is it photos, reviews, etc.?)

Please review our policies (reviews, photos and videos, community) and if you believe there has been an error, let me know. 

Thank you,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

Hi Georges! I was mainly keeping track of the overall points, but I hadn't kept track of my contributions cumulatively. I had made contributions in photos, reviews, answers, answering questions, and missing info in one sitting...all from where I went when I was overseas (through 3 countries) in the course of a month. Because I did this mostly on one go (vs. adding a single contribution), I didn't track that. 

I did notice that I went over 5000 again, but it went up to 5013, then dropped down to 5003. I take it there's not a way to see historic data in one spot of what I added and when? I could scroll back in the Reviews and Photos tabs, but it's not ideal. The analyst in me doesn't approve. 😉

Solution

Hello @jsarino,

As per my latest information, all the issues that we had are now resolved. So my best guess is that some of your contributions were removed or marked as private by our filters as I mentioned in my first post.

Best regards,

Georges

Level 7

Thanks for the update, Georges!

Level 10

Hi, I'm Naser Tavala From Iran. 

the 10000 of my point is missing. 

Can you help me please? 

Level 5

It appears this issue is happening again.  My points on photos dropped by more than 50% from 1300 to 600 this morning.

Level 5

One of my photos had 300 plus views in 3 days and it now shows as zero views.  It's one of only 3 photos for this store and the photo still appears on the maps view so I'm confused.  There are no privacy issues or any other issue with this photo.

Please let me know what is going on.

Thanks.

Level 10

I don't know my friend that's what happening