lostinspace's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Google Guide No Longer Recognises My Guide Status

Hi @MashaPS

I'm writing on behalf of my client @lostinspace. He has now removed his guide status from that account and would like to request that you review this and reinstate his guide status on his other account (I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to post that email address here or not). 

Please could you take a look and reinstate this as soon as possible.

Thank you

Former Google Contributor

Hi @StinaStone,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that we are not responsible to share any part of investigations we are doing on Local Guides' accounts.

Your client will be contacted privately if the procedures where followed by him/her.

Also I would like to thank you for not sharing his personal information publicly. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 4

@MashaPS thanks for responding.

I completely understand that you cannot share the details with me - could I please just ask that you contact him and he is unable to reach out on here anymore due to having removed his status - as required.

He is having a problem contacting anyone via Twitter/Facebook and has not received any response. Hopefully now I have sent this message to let you know he has done was he was requested to do, you will be able to do what is needed from Google's side. 

Thank you

Hi @StinaStone,

The only way to start the procedure for troubleshooting account related issues is the one we've pointed several times.

Your client should reach out the team responsible for this via @localguides on Twitter or write on our Facebook wall explaining his account issue. Then they will follow up with them over private message.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 4

@MashaPS thanks for the advice, I do understand what the instructions are however the advice of contacting through Twitter/Facebook doesn't work in reality. We have contacted local guides on both social channels and no one has responded. The FB page is full of people who have been given the same advice - to contact via the page, but haven't had any response. It's not that we haven't followed the instructions you have given, it's that no one appears to be dealing with the enquiries on Twitter/Facebook. 

Are there any other Google Moderators that can help or perhaps the marketing team as I guess they are responsible for your social channels? @David_K

Level 4

@MashaPS 

We have sent multiple Tweets to @localguides and still no one has responded. This system does not work!!

What other options do we have?

Hi @StinaStone,

Thank you, but there is no other option.

The responsible team will reach out back as soon as they have this possibility. There might be a lot of cases like yours and it may take a certain time.

Your patience in this matter is highly appreciated.

Level 4

@MashaPS can you not see how ridiculous this is? Everyone is being told the same thing but the system DOES NOT WORK. You can see his tweets to @localguides below and he still hasn't had a reply.

Someone needs to raise this with someone senior so the system for resolving this kind of issue can be reviewed. Whoever monitors the social accounts clearly doesn't know what they are supposed to do, otherwise why else would they not simply reply to the tweets that have been sent.

On Facebook loads of people are all posting the same to say that they are receiving no response. Telling us that it might take some time is not a solution to the problem, can you not see that this is clearly not working?

I know that it's not your fault and you don't personally run those platforms but there must be something you can do to help? Even if it's reporting to someone higher up that this system doesn't work and that no one is getting any form of response on social media - it looks terrible for Google. I can't imagine that Google would be happy if they knew that hundreds of people that are supposed to be valued as 'Google Guides', who help them develop and improve their platform for FREE, are being completely ignored when they follow the process! It makes no sense.

Local Guides Twitter 30.01.19.PNG

Hi @StinaStone,

I will contact you via private message with further instructions.

Thanks

Level 6

Dear @MashaPS

I felt compelled to send you this message to complete the circle..

I have today, finally been reinstated as a Google Guide, hence why i can FINALLY  jump back in on this support post. As you know my friend @StinaStone was kind enough to use her account to track you down and communicate.

Firstly i must thank you for sending the email address to Guide support which instantly resolved the issue for me. But equally i feel you must know that the advise you are giving out is completely flawed ! You may recall from my posts, that experience taught me to question the reassurances you were giving me in that 'once i had disconnected my account for Google reconsideration, and would no longer be able to reach you again, i would be picked up by the Guide Support team on the Social Media' - I stated several times i felt concerned that i would find myself locked out ion the dark - and despite your reassuracnes, thats exactly what happened !

You should know, your Social Media pages are full of other Google members who have presumably followed yours and other moderators advice, finding themselves left shut out from all communications with absolutely NO RESPONSE FROM GOOGLE SUPPORT on these social pages. In fact if you took 30 seconds to view the pages you are directing users to, then your see its obviously flawed.

What has made this more difficult was the extent we have had to go to convince you that we needed you to provide an alternative. Having said that, i am grateful that you did eventually listen and was decent enough to get us straight to support. Quite why we couldn't have taken this route to begin with i'd never know? Support was perfectly happy receiving an email from us, you should give everyone this option. Please stop sending others to this useless Social Pages and tell other Moderators why they shouldn't either. We are supposed to harness the power of communications, not prevent it. Clearly your sat on the email address others could benefit from, and clearly Google permit you/ Moderators to send it, the outcome is al the same in as far as we the Google users end up at Guide Support having our case dealt with, so why not post this email to make everything easier for the so called valued users? It is ridiculous offering out a time consuming, dysfunctional process when you have a easier route at your disposal

Thank you once again for seeing this through to fruition. I genuinely appreciate your assistance and the only reason i have spent further valuable  time in writing this is to benefit you and your fellow Moderators with valuable feed back.

Regards

Andy