TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I am extremely disappointed. I was very motivated and did my best to increase my score for the 100 GB Drive Storage reward. It was the only reason I attempted to attain level 4. When I started, I saw no indication that the reward would be a limited time offer. By the time the notice went out that it would be discontinued, I saw no way to reach level 4 in the amount of time left. I was a low level 3 at the time. I felt mislead. Since then, with nothing to motivate me, I have done little to nothing to increase my score or my Google Guide level. Strangely, I have now reached level 5 with no effort or additional content. It is useless to me. I don't care about recognition for my contributions. If Google wants to use me and the information I provide, I'm fine with maps becoming better and more accurate. I know I am volunteering to add value to Google. I did so before I was a Google Guide and will continue to do so even if I am not a Google Guide. It would be nice if Google returned the favor, but I don't expect it. Not unless there is a stated reward, that is, in which case I do expect it. I put in extra work to get the reward. I feel that I should be compensated in some way for that progress. If nothing else, please answer this one question: Does my request for some reward sound reasonable given that I went out of my way for a reward from Google which was withdrawn before I could receive it though Google has received from me additional value which I wouldn't have provided in such a short time frame otherwise?
Level 5

I wrote a longer post, but it seems to have vanished.

Here"s the short version:

Google did a bait and switch with the 100GB Drive storage reward. I was clearly tricked into working harder to provide extra content. Now Google has that value and I have no reward.

I am and have been deeply disappointed by this.

Level 8

Hi,

I am sorry about this.  I agree to most of all that you say.  No matter what, I think that you deserve some form of grand fathering of that benefit.

Google is a good company, and unfortunately, like most systems, you sometimes are outside the loop.  

Now they are giving google music play for three months.  I use it, and I do like it.  However, it is not the same as the free space, which is more valuable,   Not just because it saves us a $$ its because as you add to google maps, your photos eat up space.

I live in Hawaii on  Hawaii  Island, and I might be the only google local guide active.  You deserve better, and might I suggest this, please.  Write a physical

@wisedesign wrote:
I am extremely disappointed. I was very motivated and did my best to increase my score for the 100 GB Drive Storage reward. It was the only reason I attempted to attain level 4. When I started, I saw no indication that the reward would be a limited time offer. By the time the notice went out that it would be discontinued, I saw no way to reach level 4 in the amount of time left. I was a low level 3 at the time. I felt mislead. Since then, with nothing to motivate me, I have done little to nothing to increase my score or my Google Guide level. Strangely, I have now reached level 5 with no effort or additional content. It is useless to me. I don't care about recognition for my contributions. If Google wants to use me and the information I provide, I'm fine with maps becoming better and more accurate. I know I am volunteering to add value to Google. I did so before I was a Google Guide and will continue to do so even if I am not a Google Guide. It would be nice if Google returned the favor, but I don't expect it. Not unless there is a stated reward, that is, in which case I do expect it. I put in extra work to get the reward. I feel that I should be compensated in some way for that progress. If nothing else, please answer this one question: Does my request for some reward sound reasonable given that I went out of my way for a reward from Google which was withdrawn before I could receive it though Google has received from me additional value which I wouldn't have provided in such a short time frame otherwise?

letter to Google mapping, and let them know about this.  As a matter of fact, lets help others, and recommend they do the same.  I know its old school work, but I believe you will receive the attention this issue deserves, especially given your contributions to the google world view.

Hope that helps.  When you get the correct address, lets you and I spread the word.

Tom

Level 6

My point here is and writing this message : 
"To being local guide uploading information and photo,

If it will kill or eat my own gmail space unless google wont provide me extra benefit of storage than no need to be local guide".
Please refer this link as well

I am expecting someone from Google local guide expert or project owner should reply not the contributor  or local guide like me.

Level 6

I definitely agree, why should I use my space if I'm not rewarded at all by Google to be a LG?

We expect someone from Google itself to get back to us, thanks!

Level 6

Why i was not informed directly? I fell misinformed as 100GB space was serious part of my motivation to reach next level!

Level 6

Re: RECOMPESA DE 1TB EN DRIVE

Dan 100 GB

Level 5

@marcoTO wrote:

I definitely agree, why should I use my space if I'm not rewarded at all by Google to be a LG?

We expect someone from Google itself to get back to us, thanks!

Man, this is fantastic question!

Former Google Contributor

@DavidReyes, ese beneficio ya ha sido retirado, puedes comprobarlo buscando aquí mismo en Connect.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 6