GiG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Level 7

Google Drive - 100 GB Gratis Local Guides for 1 years - Google Adsense

I am a Google Local Guide lv.5 (few month joint lv.6) with 1000 photo pubblied on review and 900.000 view.

Now i have received 100 Gb free on my Google Drive account for 1 years, when to make Google Map hotel/restaurant review i have consumed 2-3Gb of my 15 Gb free space linked with Google account. I have pubblied a low number of my photo on this review, becouse i think have 18 Gb of photo from my travel of last year...

If i pubblish all of this, for this years i can make it, but when this 100 Gb free for 1 years bonus disappear, i need to pay to use my 15 Gb free Google Drive space, becouse i lose 18 Gb with Google Local Guide work.

Now i am really happy to have a free access to Google map information, but at same time if i make a work of revisions on Google Map, i believe that all photo that i will pubblish do not consume my free Google Drive space, necessary for email.

At same time if i pubblish my travel photo on a blogger/wordpress website, with 900.000 view i can obtain a good flow of click from Google Adsense.

I can not even show my website on my Google Local Guides profile.

So I was wondering if can be actived a Google Adsense remuneration for all photo view, to pay Google Drive fee necessary to store photo linked with review or not to consume Google Drive/Google Photo space with photo review pubblied on Google Map by Google Local Guides account, or consider to give a unlimited time Google Drive space to Google Local Guides to level XYZ, for all photo and work that they make on Google Map revisions.

Goodbye

Gi.Gi.

4 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Drive - 100 GB Gratis Local Guides for 1 years - Google Adsense

Dear GiG, Hope all's well. Good idea, AdSense on Maps photos: Sort of makes sense, sort of doesn't. AdSense money comes from advertisers, rather than Google doesn't it? Who is the advertiser on Maps photos? Definitely look into Street View Trusted if you want to market yourself as a photographer for Maps https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/ Kind regards from Osaka78

Connect Moderator

Hi @GiG you don't need to consume your space with Maps photos. If you go to photos.google.com and set your upload quality to "High Quality" you will get free storage. This applies to Maps as well as your photos are stored within Google Photos within your Drive.

See this post for instructions https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?hl=en

Regards

Paul

Level 7
Level 7

Hi, thanks for answer, but you're wrong.

Here is my Google Maps stats

foto 1.jpg

1459 photo * 3.5 MB = 5 Gb space needed

2.254.654 on a blog with adsense make 500-4.000$ that can pay a good cloud storage for 20/30 years, where i can upload more than 5 Gb of photo (i have 15 Gb of travel photo)

Here is my Google Photo settings

foto 2.jpg

You can see that i have already set hight quality and unlimited space.

And now my Google Drive account

foto 3.jpg

You can see that also i have set hight quality photo i have 100+15 GB and 5 Gb used by Google Photo. But into Google photo i havent 5 Gb of photo, i have 5 Gb on Google Map!

Now Solution 1:

Google maps photo should not consume my Google Drive space.

Solution 2

Take a remuneration for 2.254.654 view and with this money i pay a cloud cost on Google Drive Upgrade (and if cloud cost > remuneration, i stop to pubbly gratis on Google Maps).

Solution 3

I go to pubbly my photo on a blog with adsense, zero photo on Google Maps and try to turn Google Maps viewers on my blog. Adsense give me a pay that i can use to have cloud upgrade.

Connect Moderator

Hi @GiG thanks for replying. First up now that you've changed the setting, press the button to recover the space. This will alter your existing photos

r3ecover.JPG

I will answer your other three points below.

@GiG wrote:

Hi, thanks for answer, but you're wrong.

And now my Google Drive account

You can see that also i have set hight quality photo i have 100+15 GB and 5 Gb used by Google Photo. But into Google photo i havent 5 Gb of photo, i have 5 Gb on Google Map!

Now Solution 1:

Google maps photo should not consume my Google Drive space.

Solution 2

Take a remuneration for 2.254.654 view and with this money i pay a cloud cost on Google Drive Upgrade (and if cloud cost > remuneration, i stop to pubbly gratis on Google Maps).

Solution 3

I go to pubbly my photo on a blog with adsense, zero photo on Google Maps and try to turn Google Maps viewers on my blog. Adsense give me a pay that i can use to have cloud upgrade.

1. Google Maps photos should not consume your drive space with the right settings. If you still see that space used after Recovery let me know. Even if it does, remember you get this 15gb for free with your Google Account and it includes the storage needed by gmail, photos, g+ etc. All of these consume storage.

2. Google will not renumerate/pay you for your contributions. The contributions are voluntary.

3. You cannot link to third party photo sites or include advertising or adsense within your reviews or images as this is outside the rules of what is allowed to a Local Guide.

Regards

Paul