Garg_Saab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Get post views count

Hi friends,

I have suggested an idea on connect exchange portal to implement the post view counter alongside likes and comment count similarly like we get the view count on our images and videos posted on the Google Maps.

That will basically help us to understand how many members did view our post. If you support this idea then please visit this link and vote to see it soon in the connect forum.

Regards

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Get post views count

The endless quest for views and likes is a slow death poison @Garg_Saab much better to hope for a small number of quality interactions than many views where you get nothing and have no idea what those people thought.

Level 8

Hey @Garg_Saab ,

I think there are enough counters at Connect. Plus we shouldn't work just because the quantity of views, likes or replies we get but because we enjoy doing it.

I've read very beautiful posts here that have almost no comments nor likes and in the other hand, some just regular posts that have about hundreds of interactions.

So, we should focus more on doing what we want and enjoy doing and worry less on getting likes and comments.

By the way, I've also read that for example, Instagram is planning to make likes counter private and only be seen by the user.

Well, have a good day and best regards!!! 

Angel Davila
Local Guide - Peru
Level 8

Absolutely @PaulPavlinovich,

I agree with whatever you said ... Even I am not a great supporter of such numbers ... still, Google maps try to push us by sending us daily notifications or sometimes multiple in a day that this photo you recently uploaded has already got these many views "add more" or your reviews are becoming popular ... people have seen that ... these many times "review more" etc...

Therefore I thought of why there is no counter of the post views. Anyways ... it will only be implemented if it gets due support.

Thanks for addressing here ... I really appreciate it.

Level 8

True that @ADavilaZ, thanks for addressing the concern here.