MariaNgo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

From Google Maps Local Guide to Travel Blogger

Buses, trams and horse carriagesBuses, trams and horse carriages

After nearly two years as a local guide and uploading over 12,000 photos (as of Feb 2019) with over 33 million photo views, I have decided to spread my wings with my hobby and do further good with my photos. 

What do I mean by that? It was while I was in Fiji that the germ of the idea began to take greater shape. My two passions have been writing and photography for a very very long time. But I guess during that down time in Fiji, amidst all the thousand more photos I took combined with the inspiration and example of my fellow Local Guides during (and especially even now) from Connect Live 2018 who have taken their interests and passions and dreams to the next level, 

@TraciC @PaulPavlinovich @AdrianLunsong @YasumiKikuchi  @OmerAli  @NandaCury  @vvbellur @KimberlyAnnG @JulienH  @ErmesT  

I am also now doing the same - stepping out boldly to do more and build on what I've already done. 

So, if you are also into reading travel writing, I hope that this post might also in turn inspire you. 

Here's my fifth post to my travel blog: 

https://seetheworldwithmaria.blogspot.com/2019/01/18-days-in-fiji-5-sarong-sunscreen-and.html 

So thank you local guides for the inspiration that you've been to me. 

And thank you Google Local Guides program and the hard work the Googlers and moderators have put into building the Local Guides community and the collaboration and innovation. 

Would so appreciate it if you liked the blog, to like it, follow and share. 

Melbourne VIC, Australia
27 comments
Level 10

Re: From Google Maps Local Guide to Travel Blogger

Well done on the new adventure of blogging! Hope to see more great photos and stories from your travels.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 9

@MariaNgo congratulations for your blog! I would like to read more about your travels here in connect as well. I think the community could take advantage all your good advices about your visits to paradisiacal places.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

Connect Moderator

Great job @MariaNgo 

Goodluck with your blog, I am sure you will do great .if you are passionate about something and follow your heart, the whole world comes to rescue and give you ways and reasons one could never think about. 

You travel a lot, take gorgeous photos and you have that umpph for the writing, thatst a killer combination for a blog 🙂

P.S. your photo stats gave me all the reasons to envy you 🙂

Level 10

@JulienH 

Thanks Julien for your encouragement. Btw do you have any tips on promoting my page? You seem so with it all things computer. 

Maria

Level 10

@BeatrizAguilar   Thanks for that thought! I wonder how I can link the two without re doing all the work. Maybe a link and a teaser? 

Level 10

Thanks @OmerAli for your encouragement and high praises! I read what you'd said to my daughter and she agreed wholeheartedly - now, why didn't she say that before? I think it takes an observant person to make that comment and feedback. Thanks again. It was very affirming that you think that the three elements are a killer combination.  

Level 10

@IshantHP_ig  Thanks for your well wishes! 

Level 8

Trả lời: From Google Maps Local Guide to Travel Blogger

@MariaNgo  chúc mừng bạn, tôi cũng là hướng dẫn địa phương cung cấp khá nhiều địa điểm và ẩm thực địa điểm đó. Rất vui được kết nối với bạn