DanniS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a street art meet-up, photos of Tuscany, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a street art meet-up, photos of Tuscany, and more.

@IrrPavlova: This week I’m proud to bring “[RECAP] Exploring the Artworks at Lodhi Art District, New Delhi” by @Explore_Keshav to your attention. This creative Local Guide got inspired by a post about street art that we shared. I love this post because the meet-up behind it brought together many, many people that spent a colorful and beautiful day together, collecting amazing street art photos. I never knew about Lodhi until now! It’s definitely a place to collect positive vibes.

Caption: A photo of all the participants in the meet-up in front of a street mural with two red cats. (Local Guide @Explore_Keshav)Caption: A photo of all the participants in the meet-up in front of a street mural with two red cats. (Local Guide @Explore_Keshav)

@DanniS: My choice for this week’s Friday Favorites is a post by @raffaele_guidolin titled “Why you should go to Val d’Orcia, in Tuscany,” because it brought back memories of when I visited Tuscany two years back. I had an image of the hills and cypresses that I had only seen in photographs or on screen, and when I took this trip, waking up to see this beauty in real life was a dream come true. Tuscany is the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance and has been home to many figures influential in the history of art and science.

Caption: A photo of a house on top of layers of hills and cypresses in Tuscany, Italy. (Local Guide @mondiparalleli)Caption: A photo of a house on top of layers of hills and cypresses in Tuscany, Italy. (Local Guide @mondiparalleli)

@VasT : Graffiti can speak volumes about urban culture and current lifestyle. What's your approach when visiting a new destination? @Euler_Tourist  prefers to unveil the secret gems instead of going to the checklist. Have read his post " Why I love taking pictures of walls "? If not, I recommend you do so and admire his photos of eye-catching graffiti!

Caption: A photo of a graffiti showing a girl sitting on bridge. (Local Guide Euler_Tourist)Caption: A photo of a graffiti showing a girl sitting on bridge. (Local Guide Euler_Tourist)

@VitB: Do you also love the sea? If you do, I recommend you to check post from @fajarhw titled “Explore Lampung Province, Indonesia.” This province lies in the South of Sumatra island and has a tropical climate so it is always warm there. The best part of the post for me is definitely the photos. They are mostly pictures of the sea, beaches, and coastline. Some of them are even taken with a drone. @fajarhw does not forget to recommend some trips to do in the area. If you are a sea lover like me, be sure to check it out. You can inspire yourself for next holiday and one day you might see the beauty with your own eyes!

Caption: A photo of sunset at Gigi Hiu Beach, Indonesia taken from the sea level. You can see many stones rising from the sea. (Local Guide @fajarhw)Caption: A photo of sunset at Gigi Hiu Beach, Indonesia taken from the sea level. You can see many stones rising from the sea. (Local Guide @fajarhw)

Tell us about some of the best posts you have made on Friday! You can check out last week's Friday Favorites here .

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

44 comments
Level 8

Bls: Friday Favorites: a street art meet-up, photos of Tuscany, and more

Thanks for choosing my picture about sunset at Gigi Hiu Beach. 

Level 7

Bls: Friday Favorites: a street art meet-up, photos of Tuscany, and more

hi @fajarhw  Your pic of Gigi Hiu beach is wow

keep it up

show us more of it

Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: a street art meet-up, photos of Tuscany, and more

@DanniS proud to be part of the meetup held at Lodhi Art District. We only visited few blocks at the meet! Lodhi is full of wall art/graffitis, it should be on every art lover's to do list.

@raghavsood Congratulations! It seems it was a lot of fun! 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

Thanks @DanniS! This week's choices are amazing!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that @VitB shared my favourite post this week about the Lampung province in Indonesia. The photos of @fajarhw are breathtaking! The Gigi Hiu Beach or so called "Shark teeth" is one of the places I would love to see in real 🙂

Level 7

Hello @DanniS 

It is really perfect selection this Friday favourites.

Level 9

Level 10

@Explore _Keshsav

Congrats!. It was perfect.

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 8

Wow really excited on seeing our last local guides meetup at Lodhi art district, New Delhi, India . @DanniS  Thanks for sharing this lovely meetup and let it to spread across the gloval community.

Thanks to  @Explore_Keshav and @MehakSrivastava  for organising that meet-up in a well organised manner .