AdelAlabd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Free Drive Storage

Hi @AdelAlabd complaining is one approach. Constructive feedback might work better. You do need to consider the costs. There are over 7 million Local Guides last I heard a number and imaging giving each of them storage. Giving each of them 100gb of storage would cost $17,430,000 per month at current storage rates. That isn't sustainable even for an organisation the size of Google. Be a little realistic.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Hi Paul, out of the 7 millions who is actually active! 

They should just give it to the contributors who deserve it! 

I stopped contributing until getting the free space back!  It is nothing to the company, and one of the products they have.

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich I'd be curious as to where you're getting the 7 million number. If I look at my earned badges profile page, it says we have 317 thousand on Local Guides Connect:CaptureLGC.PNGI could see some disparity with the number of Google accounts that may actually write reviews and the like that has no clue what Local Guides is, nor any clue what the program or Local Guides Connect is about, but to the tune of 6.7 Million, I question.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 10

@AdelAlabd Let us hope that you will get it.

Best wishes,

Level 8

It is very strange.
Why should I have 2 account?
Problems start at level 8.
Once again - WHY should I have 2 accounts for each product of Google?
photos, drive are different companies?
 LG - is also another direction?
sorry - but I work for free - from your company, I do not get anything.
Please share your experience - what level of LG did you reach with two accounts?

Level 8

Solved?
please write to F.A.Q. for beginners - after level 8 you will need to create a second account.
after this - really Solved... for beginners..
Oh no.
Before you start using LG - please create new account!
By the way, many years ago Google promised to merge several accounts - did it work or was it paid?

Level 8

I recently in LG, so I have only 3 million views (did you speak about the views?)