Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

@Briggs wrote:

Once again, I have to advise that Maprang Thai Restaurant was incorrectly removed from the map. I smell foul play. If it's my fault that I had posted the listing's link on such forums that had led to its deletion, please place all the blame on me.

Yes, noticed 😞 So sorry for this.

Level 10

You can stop moving all my posts that are clearly relevant to the conversation to this one, just because you don't agree with it! You need to learn to read between the lines.

Connect Moderator

If you continue to spread misinformation, your posts will be moved.  You have been warned repeatedly, your frustrations with the algorithms does not mean you should respond to any post about a denial to tell them that all edits are being denied; that is simply not true.  The person was asking about a single denial and asking for advice specific to that edit; if you don't have such advice then the best course of action is to not post at all.

If you wish to complain about your editing situation, this is the thread in which to do it.  If you do it elsewhere, it will be combined into this one just as many other threads and posts have been.

I will also remind you to keep a respectful tone.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

I don't think I've spoken down to an actual person in a disrespectful tone before, that post was probably my first one that was somewhat actually directed. Anywho my response was in regards to the following statement before you moved it:

@Fenton wrote:

"I just checked my recent edits - almost all of them are "NOT APPLIED". Maybe I'm wasting my time trying to correct the maps?"

And while my post may have been a little bit negative, it is still relevant. This is just like Taina's post, she made a complaint that most of her edits weren't being applied and I posted something that it could've been by the algorithms. And with Fenton too, this is the same situation as I had suspected. There are certain ways to really read into the way someone writes or types and gain inferences as such, but in no way do I advise that "all edits are being denied", rightfully that is not the case as I get about a 80% rejection rate instead. I gave advice, and they made a statement in which I sympathised.

I did not complain about the editing situation, simply they did. Kapeesh?

Level 10

In addition, when trying to gauge out whether someone's edits are being unfairly and bulkly not applied, I will ask a question along the lines of:

"Have you made any other edits or suggestions that were not applied for no applicable reason? Perhaps someone of a higher 'trust' might be able to help you."

I don't make assumptions or skip to conclusions. I didn't learn that from the analytics that I do.

Level 2

Office has moved, but my edit keeps getting rejected

AVASS Television has moved its office, and when I submit an edit of the old address to the new one, my edit keeps getting rejected.

Old Location:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/AVASS+Television/@27.6964387,84.427464,17z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x...

New Location (Exact Latitude and Longitude):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/27%C2%B039'53.0%22N+84%C2%B026'52.7%22E/@27.664707,84.4474248,19z/...

New Address (for the above latitude/longitude location):
Bharatpur 9, Astha Chowk, Bihani Tole Bharatpur 44207

Level 8
Level 8

What I have encountered before that a certain place becomes completely unresponsive no edting or adding photos even had listings crossed with listing acros the globe..... kindoff like the series Lost with a disappearing island 

Give it a week and try again....and again....and again.    Try to report the place aswell

Level 8

Screenshot_2017-11-27-07-27-47-030_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Screenshot_2017-11-27-12-22-47-662_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

I have attached 2 screenshots which are actually same place I.e. my home of 12 years. I am residing here. I have been trying to correct it since a long time but it is not being accepted. Samannya Enclave is the building's name and address is 38/1, Jessore Road, B L D Bagan, Near Nager Bazar Crossing, Kolkata 700028.... That's all.....But why Google Maps is complicating these all. By adding Shyam Nagar, Satgachhi or Amrapali etc. etc. etc..Please delete all those words...and enter as I have given above. Map marker of Samannya Enclave is also wrong. It should be as 38/1, Jessore Road entry....I had reported the entry of Samannya Enclave closed because despite many trials, edit wasn't accepted.

Hope you would be able to help...👍👍

Level 8

Screenshot_2017-11-27-12-45-37-517_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Screenshot_2017-11-27-07-27-47-030_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Screenshot_2017-11-27-12-22-47-662_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Further to my earlier mail, I am attaching one more screenshot. You can see for yourself that how many bogus entries in the address of : 38/1, Jessore Road ...are there in GM. Please arrange to delete those bogus entries and merge all in one including Samannya Enclave....

Level 6

Why are practically none of my edits applied?

Since Map Maker closed, the data for the island I live on is quickly becoming out of date or inaccurate. I've been trying my best to keep things up to date but practically everything I submit is either never applied, rejected or nothing seems to happen at all. They are all accurate edits (I should know, I live here!) so it is incredibly frustrating when things are not applied without even a review carried out; and when reviews are carried out they seem to take months to be approved and there doesn't seem to be an option to submit supporting documentation/photographs anymore.

It's understandable that Map Maker was closed, it was easily open to abuse, but the new contributions method is not fit for purpose and if you're going to want things reviewing then there needs to be a robust and quick process in place to replace it. There are very few of us in this local area that update the maps and I can see why many have been put off contributing anymore.