Kurt2day's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

First post - Level 9

Hi dear Maps Community. My first post.

Happy to tell you that, after lots of work, I'm getting about 1M views per day. So closing the gap to Level 10 that I hope to reach before the end of this year. I travel much around and spend a lot of time taking shots of shop windows. Very often, Google cars came by in 2014 and so on, so a lot is not accurate. Good luck & strength to all of you.GMaps.jpg

Kurt Impens
5 comments
Level 7

Re: First post - Level 9

Welcome to the Connect community @Kurt2day , always glad to have a new member!

I can see that you have posted some quality photos and have surpassed 130M views - that's FANTASTIC. Think of it like this - you've helped over 100 million people along their journey, by providing informative photos for them to see. 

Connect is full of all the info you need to keep those average views growing and anything else you'd like to know that can make you an even better Local Guide. I'll look forward to reading more of you posts in the future. 

Michael

Level 10

Thank you Mike

I'm discovering how this LGC group works. And I have lots of questions, but I need to find out where would be the best place to discuss it or to get an answer. One issue to start off with is 'Local' in 'Local guide'. Even when we travel to destinations where we only go once, and we post a review or a pic, G considers this (wrongly) as coming from a 'local' Local guide. Is there a specific place/forum in this group where this has been discussed? 

thanks in advance.

Kurt

Kurt Impens
Level 7

@Kurt2day  Always glad to help. 

When replying on Connect, we always use @ and the user name you're replying to. You'll understand why as you move through larger posts. It also notifies the user that you tagged them and make it easier to reply!

Local Guide is simply a title. It's the same no matter where you are or what you're posting - we're all Local Guides. If someone has a level on Maps (I'm a Level 7) they're a Local Guide

You'll see Connect Moderators on here, as there are moderators with most all forums. They are all Local Guides, as well. 

If you type into the search bar, you'll see posts begin to populate. The info you are looking for is typically just a search away.

Feel free to ask any more questions you may have on those posts, as well. Or keep asking here. 👍🏽

I know how foreign this place can feel in there beginning, trust me! Take some time, read some posts, asks the questions and it will all start making sense. I guarantee.

Connect Moderator

@Kurt2day

You and all Local Guides are very welcome to make reviews, add photos and make edits while traveling. 

Cheers 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

@Kurt2day 

I suggest you take a look at Your Guide to Connect (it's a quick introduction to our community). 

When you have questions, try using the search field at the top first. Then check the Help desk documents and What are Connect topics. The last link will help you understand the difference between the sections. 

Cheers 

Morten