FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Fahmi Adimara Photo Tips #3 : Composition Techniques That Will Improve Your Photos Part 3 (End)

Leading The LinesLeading The Lines

Composition is really important in photography and it's easy to master it. If you think about it, the picture doesn't feel, but if you don't think about the results, it's not good. Actually, it's not too difficult, as long as you have mastered the basics.

Well, how can I master the composition?

Previously, I had shared some tips to improve the ability to create photography content. You can see my post before : 
1. First Post Fahmi Adimara Weekly Photo Tips

3. Fahmi Adimara Photo Tips #3 : Composition Techniques That Will Improve Your Photos Part 1

4. Fahmi Adimara Photo Tips #3 : Composition Techniques That Will Improve Your Photos Part 2

The first thing to remember is that composition skills are not affected by the low-cost gear you use. Even though you only use an entry level camera, but because the composition is good, you might think you are using a professional level camera.Composition  is a matter of skill so much practice after learning the knowledge.

Lets continue my sharing. 

6. LEADING LINES COMPOSITION

Leading lines are compositions that can make people very interested. Line or it can be called a line can be virtual and real that can bring our eyes to point to interest. You can use objects such as roads, walls, bridges or anything that can form a virtual line so that it points to a point of interest.

Around  Gunungkidul Ricefield YogyakartaAround Gunungkidul Ricefield Yogyakarta

Around Rawa Pening Lake SemarangAround Rawa Pening Lake Semarang

Around Lombok CaveAround Lombok Cave

Around Becici Hills YogyakartaAround Becici Hills Yogyakarta

7. GOLDEN SPIRAL COMPOSITION or GOLDEN RATIO

Here’s its superior, wiser, and elusive brother: the Golden Ratio, also sometimes called the Fibonacci Spiral. It is the result of when you do some complex maths on a rectangle to the tune of: a/b = (a+b)/a = 1.61803398875.
Experiment making a rectangle with proportions 1: 1.618 then slicing into four smaller ones, then you will get a square or commonly called the Golden Spiral. This spiral is obtained from the calculation of the Fibonacci Number, so that the shape of the spiral is familiar with the name Fibonacci Spiral designation. When you imagine a golden spiral composition just imagine a snail house. The distance is getting smaller towards the center, but can be tangible as a line.

Golden RatioGolden Ratio

But I just want to be able to show that there’s more to the world of art than a criss-cross of lines. Usually, some people call the Golden Ratio “The Rule Of Thirds, Plus Some More” (TROTPSM for short). 

That's some guidance from my experience about the world of photographic composition, actually, there are still many more about this topics. Hope you enjoy my sharing 😄

Furthermore, you can request what topics we need to discuss in the next post. 

Sidoarjo, Sidoarjo Regency, East Java, Indonesia
16 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Fahmi Adimara Photo Tips #3 : Composition Techniques That Will Improve Your Photos Part 3 (End)

Hello @FahmiAdimara,

Thank you for sharing these great photography tips in such details. I am sure other Local Guides will find this very useful. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Re: Fahmi Adimara Photo Tips #3 : Composition Techniques That Will Improve Your Photos Part 3 (End)

Thank you so much @AngieYC  I will try to give more about my photography experience.

Level 10

I appreciate your efforts, dear friend @FahmiAdimara; but, what I felt as a Photography Topic Publisher (my profile is Here), is that:

1. there are very low number of readers / benefited LGs; rather, we have more casual readers here, than serious enthusiasts.

2. The common LGs, love more of Photography topics, written at the 'very basic' level.

3. There are few top level photographers, who may not need these tips, may be.

Just for your information.

My Humble Suggestion:

Kindly Tag, like-minded LGs, who have interest in such topics, so that your posts will be seen by more LGs; please tag me in your posts, I shall try to respond, at my earliest.

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Hi @TravellerG , thank you for coming by, but this is a challenge, indeed maybe the devotees are few but it will be very useful if implemented later. Some of the tips above are very basic things but very full of meaning. Professional photographers may not need to read this article, but I am still at the beginning of sharing so I want to be able to share my knowledge with this forum.

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing, @FahmiAdimara. Indeed, the composition is one of the most powerful assets an image could have. Have you thought about night and dim areas photography tips? For example, I've heard that one of the hardest areas to shoot in is a cave. It'd be a very interesting content for the night travellers to read, I'm sure. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Best of luck dear @FahmiAdimara

Ayers for all success! 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Yes, dear friend @IrrPavlova, "Caves" are real challenges! I fully agree with you. 

Regards 

Level 10

Aquariums also pose lots of limitations to get clear, especially shake-free shots. Some  Museums too are difficult - intricate workmanship and very poor lighting - capturing the details are really tough, Hope you agree @IrrPavlova

Thanks 

Level 9

Hi @IrrPavlova thanks for the request, i will share on next week.