JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Add New Places & Edit Places not updated hence points not increased accordingly.

@PaulPavlinovich It is quite funny your statement as a moderator cannot be accepted. How can i got verification and approval in email it the place added is not genuine and if edit is not genuine.Your such negative approach and belief is not  providing an environment conducive for  me to work with. If you do not agree do not approve additions and edit. and show 'Do not Apply..Showing Approve name and Approve Edit is genuine how can it be wrong. I can understand if the issue is so may reviews are there? .Bu i am getting points  for reviews  being updated in time. But do not give explanation that you people have great contributions and big big busy issues. FYI it is big for me. but for you may be very small contribution and i feel all my efforts being wasted by your images and my images of GA also change because of this attitude from your ends quite neglecting and contempting without any appreciation.. Can a higher authority sort it out,reslove and revert to me in future, otherwise will be having no interest in GA.. Hope you understand??????

jojo
Connect Moderator

Re: Add New Places & Edit Places not updated hence points not increased accordingly.

Hi @jojo522 I have done as promised, I have raised your issue with the Googlers on an internal forum. 

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

I am sorry you perceive my approach as negative. I imagine the Googlers will investigate your contributions and gain an understanding why your points have stopped increasing.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

Points for edits and place creation not reflected even after a week of approved status in edit.

Hi,

Aashish here from Chennai. I have been active in the past years and now currently in Level 7 with 9431 points.  I have made a few edits to the maps and some got accepted and some are still pending for Google's verification. There is no change in the points even after its being accepted. A popup shows after every edit its +5 and +10 for place creation. It's not getting reflected my account. I have also waited for more than a week.  

If I add a photo or check facts or answer questions the points get updated immediately. 

Thanks in advance

Aashish Vivekanand

https://goo.gl/maps/imB1vwjE3f72

Level 9

Re: Points for edits and place creation not reflected even after a week of approved status in edit.

Yes there are many other local guides facing the same problem. 

Thanks for posting in community. 

I'm so sorry to tag you again but it's also a big big issue, many local guides posting in community about this problem. 

@JeslynL

Many thanks for your last post in connect. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

No points for edit?

I have been editing a lot of information on google map, and despite publishing them, I could not see any points awarded towards the same. I have waited for many days hoping there is some sync issue but not seeing any addition to edit points for days together is discouraging. Is there any one else facing the same problem.?

Level 10

Re: No points for edit?

Yes @DesikanJ  I am facing this issue as well too. The Google moderators have been alerted about this and they are aware, please visit this article here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Known-Issue-Points-discrepancy-between-Loca...

That's were all information about points discrepancies will be updated and posted. 

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

Level 7

@DesikanJ @HelloSamsonR sorry for your problems...!! But this is not our fault. We know that you have edited places. But after edit the person should allow that changes who added that place. If he allow that edits than after you will get points in 24 hrs... So make sure that that person allows your edit... 

Hope this helps !!

Keep it up..

Connect Moderator

Hi @DesikanJ I need to ask a some questions to clarify the problem. I understand that you are not seeing points for edits that you have made. Please answer all three of these questions:

1. When you look under My Contributions tab are your edits "Applied", "Pending" or "Not Applied"

2. Were you at or had you been at the place you were trying to edit?

3. Are the points showing up in Maps App, Maps Desktop ok - and only not showing up here in Local Guides Connect?

Regards

Paul

Level 9

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

Thanks for quick reply. Please find the answer for questions inline

1. When you look under My Contributions tab are your edits "Applied", "Pending" or "Not Applied"

In my Edits tabs, for those Edits I have been expecting points, they are in Approved Status.

2. Were you at or had you been at the place you were trying to edit?

I had been at / around the place which I am trying to edit. In some cases, I had updated the phone number (Like toll free number for particular ATM which is common across      locations  and I might not have visited that place, but the information supplied is correct )

3. Are the points showing up in Maps App, Maps Desktop ok - and only not showing up here in Local Guides Connect?

Sorry, Points are not showing up anywhere.

Please let me know if you need any specific info. I also edit Restaurant Categories in my localities, which I might not have been to, since I  know what they cater, I edit category to more specific Restaurant type than generic "Restaurant", which would help people understand about the place. Please let us know, if google has decided to award points for only the place shown in my location history(assuming from your second question).