Ruhul_Amin_Raz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Exploring the Zabeel Park Flea Market in Dubai

Introduction:
Dubai, a city known for its glitz, glamour, and towering skyscrapers, offers a different side for those living in the suburbs and working hard to make ends meet. Amidst the city's countless colorful shopping malls, there's a special place in the hearts of both buyers and sellers from the working class - the flea market. These markets pop up in open parks or public spaces during holidays and weekends. During my recent visit to Dubai, I decided to explore the Zabeel Park Flea Market on a Sunday. It was an outdoor, temporary market where you could find second-hand treasures, rejected branded items, and pre-loved goods at discounted prices.
 Location and Hours:
You can find the flea market in the southeastern part of the park, typically open from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends, which are Saturdays or Sundays. The specific dates and times are announced on the flea market's website.
 Getting There:
To get there by public transportation, take the Dubai Metro and disembark at the MAX or Jafilia metro station. From there, it's just a five-minute walk to Gate 1 or Gate 2, near the iconic Sheikh Zayed picture in Zabeel Park. You can also reach the market by bus or taxi. The park entrance fee is 5 Dirhams, and you can use your NOL card to pay this fee.
 History and Background:
The flea market first appeared in 2008 as a platform for buying and selling pre-loved items. Since its inception, it has become a must-visit spot for locals, visitors, and tourists alike.
 What to Expect:
The flea market has a welcoming atmosphere and a unique vibe. It transforms into a lively carnival where various participants, whether they're sellers, buyers, souvenir collectors, or bargain hunters, all actively engage. At the Zabeel Park Flea Market, you can expect to find around 200 second-hand sellers and roughly 5000 shoppers. Additionally, there are at least 10 food stalls offering a variety of fast food, kebabs, ice cream, and Chinese and Philippine cuisine.
 Shopping Experience:
This market offers a wide array of items, including clothing, crafts, electronics, antiques, luggage, shoes, baby items, and kitchenware. What makes it even more exciting is the diverse and enthusiastic group of sellers, offering a wide range of items at affordable prices.
 Bargaining Tips:
Bargaining is a common practice in the flea market. It's essential to bargain wisely to ensure you get a good deal. I recommend getting price quotes from three different shops for the item you're interested in and negotiating for the best quality product. Since it's a second-hand market, finding the best quality can be a bit challenging.
 Shopping Tips:
When heading to the flea market, be sure to carry a shopping bag and enough cash, as you might discover unexpected treasures. Comfortable shoes are a must, as you'll be doing a fair amount of walking to explore all the stalls. For sellers, renting a stall costs 300 Dirhams, while buyers pay 5 Dirhams each. Parking is available but costs 10 Dirhams. I recommend arriving early to snag the best items. Also, inspect items carefully before making a purchase to avoid disappointment due to defects or stains.
 Photography Opportunities:
As it's a public park, photography is allowed and encouraged. However, always remember to seek permission from shop owners before taking photos of their merchandise.
 Conclusion:
I highly recommend visiting the Zabeel Park Flea Market for a fun and unique experience. It's a chance to test your searching and bargaining skills while saving some money.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.40.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.41.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.42.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.42a.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.43a.jpg
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
3 comments
Level 9

Exploring the Zabeel Park Flea Market in Dubai

Introduction:
Dubai, a city known for its glitz, glamour, and towering skyscrapers, offers a different side for those living in the suburbs and working hard to make ends meet. Amidst the city's countless colorful shopping malls, there's a special place in the hearts of both buyers and sellers from the working-class - the flea market. These markets pop up in open parks or public spaces during holidays and weekends. During my recent visit to Dubai, I decided to explore the Zabeel Park Flea Market on a Sunday. It was an outdoor, temporary market where you can find second-hand treasures, rejected branded items, and pre-loved goods at discounted prices.

Location and Hours:
You can find the flea market in the southeastern part of the park, typically open from 4 pm to 10 pm on weekends, which are Saturdays or Sundays. The specific dates and times are announced on the flea market's website.

Getting There:
To get there by public transportation, take the Dubai Metro and disembark at the MAX or Jafilia metro station. From there, it's just a five-minute walk to Gate 1 or Gate 2, near the iconic Sheikh Zayed picture in Zabeel Park. You can also reach the market by bus or taxi. The park entrance fee is 5 Dirhams, and you can use your NOL card to pay this fee.

History and Background:
The flea market first appeared in 2008 as a platform for buying and selling pre-loved items. Since its inception, it has become a must-visit spot for locals, visitors, and tourists alike.

What to Expect:
The flea market has a welcoming atmosphere and a unique vibe. It transforms into a lively carnival where various participants, whether they're sellers, buyers, souvenir collectors, or bargain hunters, all actively engage. At the Zabeel Park Flea Market, you can expect to find around 200 second-hand sellers and roughly 5000 shoppers. Additionally, there are at least 10 food stalls offering a variety of fast food, kebabs, ice cream, and Chinese and Philippine cuisine.

Shopping Experience:
This market offers a wide array of items, including clothing, crafts, electronics, antiques, luggage, shoes, baby items, and kitchenware. What makes it even more exciting is the diverse and enthusiastic group of sellers, offering a wide range of items at affordable prices.

Bargaining Tips:
Bargaining is a common practice in the flea market. It's essential to bargain wisely to ensure you get a good deal. I recommend getting price quotes from three different shops for the item you're interested in and negotiating for the best quality product. Since it's a second-hand market, finding the best quality can be a bit challenging.

Shopping Tips:
When heading to the flea market, be sure to carry a shopping bag and enough cash, as you might discover unexpected treasures. Comfortable shoes are a must, as you'll be doing a fair amount of walking to explore all the stalls. For sellers, renting a stall costs 300 Dirhams, while buyers pay 5 Dirhams each. Parking is available but costs 10 Dirhams. I recommend arriving early to snag the best items. Also, inspect items carefully before making a purchase to avoid disappointment due to defects or stains.

Photography Opportunities:
As it's a public park, photography is allowed and encouraged. However, always remember to seek permission from shop owners before taking photos of their merchandise.

Conclusion:
I highly recommend visiting the Zabeel Park Flea Market for a fun and unique experience. It's a chance to test your searching and bargaining skills while saving some money.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.40.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.41.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.42.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-02 at 00.49.42a.jpg
Level 7

Re: Exploring the Zabeel Park Flea Market in Dubai

@Ruhul_Amin_Raz  সুন্দর একটি মার্কেটের সন্ধান দেয়ার জন্য ধন্যবাদ

Md. Razzuil Baky (Rozzub)
Connect Moderator

Re: Exploring the Zabeel Park Flea Market in Dubai

Hello @Ruhul_Amin_Raz 

I noticed your post was similar to the other one you posted on this subject and wanted to keep the boards organized so it was merged.

Regards,