SunPanupong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Explore Miniature Cafe in Bangkok Chinatown

Last week, I was traveling to Chinatown with parents. The purpose is to visit local temple for worship and have a mini food walk in this famous tourist attraction in the heart of Bangkok.

Explore Miniature cafe in Bangkok ChinatownExplore Miniature cafe in Bangkok Chinatown

First Stop, we went to Wat Mangkon Kamalawat (Wat Leng Noei Yi) for worship normally as Buddhists do. Many people are coming to visit and worship even the Chinese New Year festival has passed for couples of weeks. Behind the temple, there is the school where is still running to educate local children as part of the temple. 

https://goo.gl/maps/GVh9s9VtKCt

Wat Mangkon Kamalawat (Wat Leng Noei Yi)Wat Mangkon Kamalawat (Wat Leng Noei Yi)

After that, we walked through the Chinatown and some food stalls started to open at the same time as tourists came to have something to eat. While we're walking, we found an interesting place for our dinner. So many people were standing/sitting in front of that place and I wondered why it is so popular - "Lhong Tou Cafe" is the name of that place. 

We arrived quite early and needed to queue as this cafe has limited seats for customers (that's why I called miniature cafe). During waiting, it was nearly in blue hour (about 10-15 minutes after sunset) and I didn't forget to snap picture of Bangkok Chinatown at night.

Classic scene of Bangkok Chinatown at NightClassic scene of Bangkok Chinatown at Night

2 hours later, it's time for our queue to go inside the cafe and order..

"Lhong Tou" in Chinese, means "Dragon's Head""Lhong Tou" in Chinese, means "Dragon's Head"
Elevated seats could significantly save space in the cafe.Elevated seats could significantly save space in the cafe.

View from the elevated seats.View from the elevated seats.

:D?

This is what we ordered.This is what we ordered.

Main highlight dish is Chinese breakfast Set which comprises home-cooked congee and various side dishes e.g. Chinese sausages boiled peanuts, dried shredded pork, sweet radish and vegetables. Mala fried chicken (top left) is also good.

Coffee is another signature for this cafe, unfortunately there are no spaces in our stomach. ?

[+] Well-decorated stylish cafe with reasonable price. Perfect for cafe hoppers or people those would like to take good food photos.

[-] Bad restaurant traffic in the evening - spent 2 hrs waiting (better to go there in the morning).

To sum up, this cafe is great for those who never try food experience like this.

Lhong Tou Cafe, Yaowarat Road, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Thailand
32 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Explore Miniature Cafe in Bangkok Chinatown

Hello @SunPanupong,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I really enjoyed reading the details about your trip. 

The photos are amazing and I love very much the atmosphere of the restaurant, as far as food is concerned, everything seems so delicious and tasty. I'm a huge Asian cuisine lover and I really would like to try every single thing from the table. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

สวัสดีค่ะ @SunPanupong ยินดีที่ได้รู้จักนะค่ะ

ขอบคุณมากค่ะที่แชร์ประสบการณ์กับเรา ไปบ่อยไหมค่ะ?

อาหารน่าทานมากแล้วการบริการและรสชาติเป็นไงบ้างค่ะ? แล้วที่ร้านมีอะไรพิเศษแนะนำบ้างไหมค่ะ

แล้วชอบอันไหนอร่อยสุด. ดิฉันหวังว่าคุณคงจะได้รีวิสถานที่นี้ใน Google Maps มันจะมีประโยชน์จริงๆสำหรับลูกค้าในอนาคตที่กำลังมองหาข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับสถานที่นี้ก่อนที่จะซื้อจากพวกเขาหรือเยี่ยมชมสถานที่ต่างๆ

ฉันแค่อยากให้คุณรู้ว่าฉันได้แก้ไขโพสต์ของคุณและเพิ่มป้ายกำกับภาษา - ไทย คุณสามารถโพสต์ที่นี่เป็นภาษาของคุณเอง

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @BorrisS 

Thanks for your comment. Food & drinks look great and tasty here. There are a lot more things I've never tried - let's do it next time !

Level 10

@Aruni  Sawasdee krub,

This is my first time here. Food & drinks are okay with this affordable price. Coffee & drinks are recommended krub - will try next time.

Never seen Thai people as Google Moderator. Are you working with Google?

Hi @SunPanupong 

Wow, It is a very nice place. Thank you for your information.

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your experience here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@SunPanupong Excellent post. It will be really helpful for me as I am planning to visit Bangkok in March. Can you share what is the cost of the dish? I would love to visit there and have taste of this. 

Level 1

Is is beatiful, that great !

Hey, @SunPanupong. Your photos are really really pleasing to the eye. Thank you for sharing and congratulations for making it to this week's Friday Favorites. The elevated seat cafe really impressed me with creativity. The result is actually quite cosy.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

So beautiful and looks tasty!

Thank you for sharing this @SunPanupong