TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Free Drive Storage

I was fortunate enough to get the drive storage gift just before it was reduced and so I got 1TB. My question however is once your 2 years is up, is there any means to retain that extra storage space? 

Level 9

@LukeChaffey, 

When it disappeared, did your files remain like @JeslynL says? Or did you loose any files that were beyond what your storage went down to once you lost your 1TB?

Level 7

@Warjat, sorry, I can see how my response was confusing, I just meant the storage space disappeared. I was too worried on what would happen and actually upgraded before it ran out.

Given that @JeslynL is a moderator, I feel their opinion would be best.

Level 10

Re: Guia Local do Google 1 TB de armazenamento no Google Drive Grátis.

@Clebinho oi Cleber forte abraços.

Para ter acesso ao terabyte Vc tem que ser nível 7 como o google aumentou o sistema de pontos ou seja agora Vc precisa e ter mias de 15.000 pontos.

GDC
Level 6

I just lost my 100gig free storage. I'm now at 500% used on my drive, my files still exist but I will soon no longer be able to even receive gmail emails etc.

Level 9

Oh, right, because Gmail counts towards that quota as well! 

So what would/will happen if you now receive an email with an attachment? 

Level 10

1TB is Going to be Expired

Is there any loyalty program to extend the 1GB Drive space before its  get expired rd? 
I was rewarded as a Local Guide with high contribution on maps.  

Level 9

Re: 1TB is Going to be Expired

@Gazaly wrote:

Is there any loyalty program to extend the 1GB Drive space before its  get expired rd? 
I was rewarded as a Local Guide with high contribution on maps.  

@Gazaly

Unfortunately there is no such offer right now to continue with 1tb space. You can upgrade it by purchasing space. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10
Level 8

Re: 1TB is Going to be Expired

This sounds like a nice perk, but its used could affect the available resources for other paying customers. I suspect, this option is under debate at GoogleHQ.

If it were to be provided, I would think some restrictions may apply (e.g.: for use with your Local Guide site).

Then again, maybe Google already has a solution in place that identifies the data type and routes it efficiently through their network for optimum performance (just saying...).