cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Doing something meaningful for the people

IMG-20180629-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20180628-WA0140.jpg

Sometime ago I started to answer questions about places on Google’s app. I was just spending my time like it was a hobby. I didn’t know for sure what it means at the time.

Then I started to receive e-mails about my personal scores. It stimulated me to go further and give more information, like photos and vídeos.

Add places.png Evaluations ratings.png Photo Views.png

At some point I realized I could help people doing this. The photos I was taken   would be part of their decision about which place to go or even to know if they can take children to places.

I really like to know that I’m doing something helpful for the population.

It’s part of my job as a biologist to make the world better for people.

And in Local Guides Program I have the opportunity to talk about what I know about Nature and to talk about some improvements I think government can do in the places I go. I want that places to get known by the people.

This could give them new possibilities: They can take a walk in a Natural park if they want a cheap tour for example.

There some natural sites that a tourist can’t miss in the cities they go.

My love for nature are loud and clear in my photos.

Serra das Almas.png Caatinga umida.jpg IMG-20181102-WA0053.jpg

(Translation of the post: I love this place. Already visited it 3 times and it’s not much. The Caatinga is fascinating. For people who like to study Nature is quite a handful because it shows several different things in each trail. The environment variation over the year is unbelieveble. At the rainy season you can recognize it’s the same place on dry season. Only if you go in both seasons you can see the difference. I totally recommend it!)

One of my favourite places in Earth is the Souls’ Mountain Range (on the post above). On Ceara’s inland we can find a place where there’s no internet but we actually don’t miss it. On dry seasons we can see the trees without any leaf and we call it White forest (it’s the meaning of the biome: Caatinga). Some people think they are dead. But they are saving energy to the other season: Rainy season. Just a few rainy days bring a transformation in the place. The leafs rises on every tree making the place unrecognisable. It’s exciting for all biologists. But all the people should know about it!

Recently, I understood how my posts can help the stores in my neighbourhood. Now I include how important is to buy things in this kind of store.

I can tell that being a Local Guide changed my perspective of places. I used to plan how I’d spend my time in tours. Now I think about how can I spread the information as much as possible to other people. And I feel good about it!

22 comments
Level 7

Re: Doing something meaningful for the people

@rebecaellerf Thank you for sharing your local guide story!

Level 7

Former Google Contributor

Hi @rebecaellerf,

I wanted to let you know that I've just recovered your post from the spam folder. Our automatic filters run 24/7 to protect the community from unwanted content and they can be too strict at times, I apologize for that. You can read more here: Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@rebecaellerf  very nice to read your post and how come being a Local Guide has changed your way to view things!  #letsguide #googlelocalguides  😀

Level 7

@rebecaellerf  Very awesome Content, I hope to see you at connect live 2020

Level 10

Level 7

@Giu_DiB 

Thank you so much. I notice that the post was missing. Thank you for let me know! 

Level 7