Justine2807's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Do I.T. right.Make a difference. Connect Live Let's Guide, We can Jive!

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

Thank you so much for your always amazing, excellent support and kindness. Best of Luck again for your application as well.

I hope we get to meet in Melbourne or Sydney some time soon. It will be an exceptional wonderful event to arrange a Google Maps Local Guides Connect conference in Australia in the not to distant future also. We can plan that either from here soon. It will be great to be when we meet, if we are lucky enough to be chosen, with all the incredibly fantastic entries world wide, to be in California, America at Connect Live in San Francisco 2018

Thanks again Paul

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Connect Moderator

Bls: Do I.T. right.Make a difference. Connect Live Let's Guide, We can Jive!

Nice post and video @Justine2807

Best wishes for connect live.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully we will meet at Connect Live @Justine2807 !

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞

Level 8

Hi @Justine2807,

It won't be long before we can catch up and be enjoying another meetup here on Connect - either in Sydney or Melbourne.  I'm sure you have lots to keep you busy, but I hope to continue the encouragement we have developed here on Connect and can meet in person sometime soon to share experiences and compare notes on being better LocalGuides in every aspect of our Google Maps ambitions.

Hope you're having a great day and wish you all the best,

Kind regards

Richard (aka Jordmate)

Cheers
Richard
Connect Moderator

Hi @Justine2807 (takes off Moderator hat) you never know your luck with an Australian conference, Google are becoming much more active in Australia and have a small presence in each of the capital cities and more extensive in Sydney and Melbourne. How good would it be to have an Australian Googler as part of the Local Guides team and sponsoring some events in Australia?

I come up to Sydney for things like Vivid every now and then came up the year before last to see an Aboriginal performance art festival Nula Nura which was particularly moving and I was proud to photograph some of the performances. One featured a young Aboriginal woman representing white repression of Aboriginals in general and the Stolen Generation in particular. The piece was entirely silent and performed in a bath on the lawn at the top of the hill on Cockatoo Island with the bridge in the distance. While I had always understood the activities from our past (and sadly still happening today) that created the Stolen Generation this performance made it personal and made me deeply understand the impact on the people involved.

Nula NuraNula NuraThe Stolen GenerationThe Stolen Generation

Regards Paul

Level 8

Hi @Justine2807

Justine, Great and I wish you all the best for Connect Live 2018.

Good luck and hope I can meet you in San Francisco if I get a chance to attend Connect Live 2018.

Cheers

Level 8

Congratulations Justine, for reaching Level 9. 

@Justine2807 I am still struggling at Level 8. Hope to reach Level 9 soon. 😉

Cheers

Level 8

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

I agree with you comments about the performances and the interesting discussion it brings to our attention- such an incredible time in Australia. I must say the images you capture are superb and thought provoking. 

It is great to have Google Connect to allow this dialogue and also just to catch up with fellow Google Local Guides, always a pleasure, and such interesting back grounds of individuals on the platform. 

My experience is so positive and even with your moderators hat onto off you have gems for us.

@Justine2807 Is another great inspiration and I have enjoyed learning from her also. 

@Badruddeen is a pleasure to follow and read his interesting comments. 

Hoping to meet you all in person some time soon. 

Oh and by the way ... has the @Jordmate “Cow in the Tree” moved again lately?

Kind regards, Richard 

Cheers
Richard
Connect Moderator

Thanks @Jordmate it's certainly an interesting world and it is important to learn from our past.

Level 10

Hi @NareshDarji

Thank you so much for your kindness and helpfulness. I really appreciate yours and everyone here.

So many times you always come through and are there for so many people. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807