TriDev's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Difficulty in editing Map.

Screenshot_20200404-164110.png

I keep on editing the Map of my city on regular basis. There are many things which is a hurdle in doing it. e.g. since few days my own house or home is shown as some saloon. Somebody who is the owner or related to this business so called r.k. saloon has dropped pin wrongly on almost my own home. How do I remove it?

I repeat, How do I remove it without knowing it's correct place?

Going in edit mode , map asks for correct place of that saloon which I don't know. What I know is that r.k. saloon is shown at a wrong place as it is my own house. I suppose there must be an option to remove wrongly placed or shown business or organisation. Knowing correct place of that business should not be necessary.

Thanks

TriDev

Hastinapur Society, Karelibagh, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Difficulty in editing Map.

Hi @TriDev thanks for reaching out. Since the business is not where the pin is shown you can safely mark it as closed, doesn't exist with the reason of "private residence".

Regards Paul

Level 7

Ok, if that's the way I do it, let me close down saloon at my house.

Thanks

TriDev

Level 10

Hi TriDev

It can be frustrating sometimes especially when you do not have a solution in view 

This is how to correct it 

Locate the r.k saloon on Google Map click on it

Scroll down and click on "suggest an edit"

A dialogue box will prop up with two options 

Select "change name or other details" by clicking on it

scroll down a little and select "update location on map"

Note that the map will appear in default map mode 

select satellite mode from the upper left side to enable you identify the right location for rk saloon using roof colour or building shape

Now move map to allow the red oval indicator rest on the correct location of the saloon

Then click done 

Kudos 

Level 7

Hi @ogewuru ,

That is how I wanted to do it. But I am not aware of the location of the saloon. So can't do anything this way. But as suggested by others, I suggested to remove it ( closed down) for the reason of a private house. I have done this and hope to get it removed once other local guides confirm.

Thanks,

TriDev