AlinaManiar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Desert Hawk Resort - A Hidden Gem

Desert Hawk Resort 03.JPG

This place isn't discovered by many people and I love to explore new places, especially the ones which are hidden or people don't commonly know about it. This is yet another hidden place called "Desert Hawk Resort". This place is located nearby Thatta District, Sindh, Pakistan. It is commonly known as Keenjhar Lake or Malik Lake, and it is almost 125 km away from Karachi, Pakistan. It is also one of the largest freshwater lakes in Pakistan, this is probably the best location to take perfect pictures with beautiful colors of the water. And yes, I sat on this rock almost the entire day, haha. 

Desert Hawk Resort 05.jpg

Anyway, I went to Desert Hawk Resort with my family for a night stay, this resort is not open to public, and it is a restricted area for the Army. We have a family friend who is an Army officer; therefore we were allowed to stay there for a day. The public area of Keenjhar Lake was a bit messed up, and that area is not feasible for a night stay, I wouldn’t even recommend anyone to visit that particular area, even if you’re not going there for a night stay. But there are some huts over the area for general public, just in case if you still want to visit and stay here. Although, the condition of those huts are not good enough, but I guess you can stay for a while.

Desert Hawk Resort 01.jpg

Desert Hawk Resort only has 4 chalets, and we booked 2 chalets, yet there wasn’t enough space for all of us to actually sit or sleep properly, lol.  But, it was fun because who would prefer to go there and just sit or sleep? In the picture - that is one chalet. The bigger area is the room, it consists of one double bed, two chairs, and a mini refrigerator. The smaller area is the bathroom that consists of necessary items.  

Desert Hawk Resort 02.JPG

This is the place where we sat the entire day, the view from this place was breathtaking! I loved how we were surrounded by the lake and it looked magnificent, especially the sunset and sunrise, I have witnessed both there, I can easily say, I've never seen anything more beautiful. It's definitely once in a life time kinda experience. Also, let's not forget the night, I was sitting on the chair, looking at the stars with cool breeze and the sound of waves.

Desert Hawk Resort 06.jpg

Moreover, we went for a speed boat ride in the beautiful environment. I was scared in the beginning, but it was fun in the end. There are only two major attractions here, one is speed boat ride and the other is BBQ. However, for BBQ, you will have to get all supplies yourself, they do not provide anything. They'll only provide a space - that's it. I almost forgot to mention, there's a dinning hall where they serve food, but you'll have to pre-order it. They have a limited menu and you can choose items accordingly. You can also bring home cooked food along and ask them to heat it before serving. 

Desert Hawk Resort 04.jpg

The water is crystal clear and clean there, as you can see. The blue and green tones were quite visible. Overall, it was a great trip. I visited this place before covid-19. I hope you liked my post, please share your feedback in the comments section below. 🙂 

Alina Maniar |Instagram|
|">|
| |Twitter|
|
Karachi, Pakistan
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Desert Hawk Resort - A Hidden Gem

As expected, another beautiful post or I can say, a complete guideline for the people who wants to visit Kenjhar Lake. In fact we planned for Kenjhar this week, instead of Kirthar national park for a photo walk, but somebody told me nowadays they are not allowing people there. And especially the place where you stayed is more restricted, so if we will visit, we can just visit at normal public area or huts.

But in near future I will surely visit this place and will use your guidelines if I will find someone who can cooperate to book these huts.

Thanks for sharing a great post @AlinaManiar.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 7

@AlinaManiar 

Some one told if you have a time you may go to keenjhar lake,

I said ok lets see

In jan 2020 I ride from lahore to krachi and than hingol national park

On my bike,

When I went there I was shocked how beautiful the place was,

And he said if you have time,

So it was a totally another world for and imagine my cell was about to die,

And there is no one who can capture for me,

Than i i only have few shorts,

You can check on my insta

I am posting in a series

@ Digital Musafir Official

Level 8

Whenever you plan to go, I'd recommend to get a source and visit the area I've been to because the area for general public is quite messy up. There's rush, the water isn't clean, neither are the huts. It's not a good option. It's better to wait and visit the actual place, I really hope you do get a chance to visit, @KashifMisidia.

Alina Maniar |Instagram|
|">|
| |Twitter|
|
Level 8

Uh no, next time, remember to carry a tripod and powerbank, these are some essential items for the trip, if you want to take memorable photos. I am glad you liked the place, @DigitalMusafir. I'll definitely check it out on your Instagram.  

Alina Maniar |Instagram|
|">|
| |Twitter|
|
Level 8

Hi @AlinaManiar 

Thank you for this wonderful post about Desert Hawk Resort. You have described it very well.

The place really looks so beautiful through your shared photos, especially the cover photo is marvelous.

Vijay Paradkar
India
Level 8

Hey, @vijayparadkar 

Thank you, I hope to post about more places soon. 🙂

Alina Maniar |Instagram|
|">|
| |Twitter|
|