Phunky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Curiously Stranger And Solemn Places Barcelona

The most eclectic, yet small collection of Barcelona's funny, curious and solemn places in a Google Maps List. All of them are unlikely all featured in any one list until now. You can view them here.

My stranger things include a masonic and anarchist library that survived the Spanish civil war

f95a54f11b061bb1c3df8dc6fa9b0fa5

a place serving brice cream (beer ice cream),

aed557749f1c56c9093bd592f171e217

a street dedicated to a local sorcerer,

estruc-1

a halloween dinner venue that's open all year,

Laposadamaldita2

and a bar where you can have a cold one while looking at people’s dirty clothes getting clean.

labar-1562606437660

Finally, a secret, secret bar with the craziest found object decoration ever. 

102_Foto_1.1526637516

The solum includes a must visit mass grave war dedication to all those persecuted in the Civil War and WWII. See my list for more information.

DSC03690-1024x683

The second is a church with visible bomb scar damage from the Spanish civil war not from death squad rifle fire. Although it is estimated by the Manchester Guardian in May 1939, 300 people were shot in Barcelona a week, it wasn't in this square. Here another tragedy happened, children died during air-raid bombings. The shooting myth is dispelled here with some more background.

Plaça-Sant-Felip-Neri-Barcelona

Finally there is a great remains of a Roman temple hidden behind closed doors that are free to visit.

Stay tuned for future curiosities I've found that are bylines or not found at all in any tourist guide. Check it...

Barcelona, Spain
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Curiously Stranger & Solemn Places Barcelona

This list is VERY creative, @Phunky ! Between the beer ice cream and the laundry that doubles as a bar, it makes me think about places that are similar here in Miami and I'm stumped! Following this list for whenever I make my way across the pond. 😄😁

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

Hey @SP31 , thanks as always, you are a creative's muse. I'm pretty sure you can find stuff. It's best not to think too hard and take a first wild thought you get in the morning.

This ain't the end of it my friend... I've got some other creative and crazier lists on the way  

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Phunky for the list.

I will visit Barcelona the last weekend of August

and also I come with my son, I think I will visit some places!

Great pictures! 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

@Phunky thanks for sharing your list, we are planning to be in Barcelona on the beginning of October, the list will be very helpful. 🍁

Level 9

Ohhhh!  That's a List I will most certainly use!!!!  I would never have guessed these places would exist in Barcelona.  

Make us MORE please 😄

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Former Google Contributor

I visited Barcelona about 12 years ago @Phunky, and I've been thinking about going again soon. Your list has a bit of everything and definitely some place I would never have discovered myself. I like how you didn't stick to one certain theme here.

The brice cream must be the one I'm most curious about though, it sounds really interesting. I wonder how that would even work. Are we talking about ice cream that tastes like different kinds of beer or regular ice cream flavors but made with beer?

Just as a side note, I have relabelled your post to Travel, as it serves as great tips for anyone who'd like to visit. For more information about the Local Stories label, feel free to check out Welcome to the Local Stories board.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Love the approach you're suggesting, can't wait to see what else you've got in store!😎

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall