TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Welcome to the Local Stories board

From making it easier for people in wheelchairs to get around to updating information about emergency medical centers, Local Guides like you are helping people all over the world. This is the board where we’re celebrating all of the amazing things Local Guides do!

Caption: A portrait photo of Local Guides at the Local Guides 2017 Summit. (Wendy George)Caption: A portrait photo of Local Guides at the Local Guides 2017 Summit. (Wendy George)On this board, you’ll find

• Inspiring stories about Local Guides improving their neighborhoods
  • Information about how you can make an impact in your community
  • Friday Favorites
  • Highlights from Connect Live and past events
  • Stories about accessibility, environmentalism, and social good
  • Videos about Local Heroes
  • And more!

Use this board to share the ways you’re making a positive difference in your area. Or tell us about another Local Guide who you think deserves to be celebrated.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
11 comments
Level 9

Re: Welcome to the Local Stories board

Thanks @TraciC for clarifying the Local Stories board. There are a lot of inspiring stories from all corners of the world and I look forward to reading about them here! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

thank you so much @TraciC , we are waiting inspiring stories 

i love this photo of @SarahKa , @iDepp @shaikh ;)))

Connect Moderator

Local stories is a grand concept and should yield some. Interesting stories ranging from small ways we help each other through to big efforts that really change the world.

Level 9

Hey @TraciC if I already posted something but I thing it could make more sense posting here, is it possible change board?

Level 10

Thank you for initiating inspiring stories of Local Guides.

@TraciC

Level 10

Thank you so much @TraciC for Featuring us!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 8

Great @TraciC

It's a chance for us local guides to share our local community stories. Thank  you so much for adding this feature in connect.

Namaste, Niraj

Connect Moderator

Gracias por aclararlo @TraciC, lo que yo intérprete, es otra cosa completamente diferente 😎.

Algo así como historias "locales" como historias cotidianas o de temas generales sobre el que un Local Guides desee hablar.

Pero al contrario es muy acotado y específico 🙂 esta muy bien pero creo que puede llegar a ser un limitante y casi asficciante para algunos usuarios donde no se sientan lo suficientemente libres para hablar de temas más variados que la fotografía, las reuniones y otros.

Entiendo el echo de querer dirigir todas las discusiones a temas más relacionados con los Local Guides pero existen temas que escapan a este cuadro, sugeriría una etiqueta tipo "Discusiones interesantes" o algo por el estilo donde exista una válvula de escape y pueda contener a esos LG inquietos que piensan más allá de una fotografía, una reunión o una comida

😀

D8C16937-DF67-4E02-9CC3-A030B975586D.jpeg

Saludos Farid

Level 9

Hello @TraciC thank you for sharing with us we want see more inspiring local guides in future...