U-royFelixA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Cultural Disparities: Does Your Culture Mandate You to Greet Your Elders After Your Meal?

@UzomaJ Oh! Mma mma... very nice. Thank you for sharing. 👍

Level 9

Re: Cultural Disparities: Does Your Culture Mandate You to Greet Your Elders After Your Meal?

• I think it differs.. From where I come from, you'll have to say "thank you" after the meal..
Level 9

• @U-royFelixA wrote:

@UzomaJ Oh! Mma mma... very nice. Thank you for sharing. 👍

I think it differs.. From where I come from, you'll have to say "thank you" after the meal..
Level 8

That's really a good piece of custom @U-royFelixA.

Thanks for sharing the experience.. I hope it will inspire the other cultures to adopt that with course of time..

Level 10

Oh nice @BriggsPh Thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

@AmarArora I hope so. Thank you immensely. 

Connect Moderator

What an experience. 

Culture and traditions define us and its what make us.

In my place no special greetings after meal rather you will give glory to Allah by saying "Alhamdu lillah".

Thanks @U-royFelixA

Check this out @ValeriaA_

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Former Google Contributor

Hey @U-royFelixA,

That was a enlightening story! And I think it's a great tradition. Here in Bulgaria we don't have such habits. But it's great to see that you are still practising this act of respect towards elders.

See you around!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

😂😂😂😂 this is quite an entertaining read. I was raised to say 'thank you' when served a meal by someone older or younger, it doesn't really matter how old the person is. And right after the meal, say thank you to the 'head' of the house for making it happen. Still laughing from your experience, thanks for sharing!

James Edeani - Lagos Local Guide
Level 10

Thank you for your nomination for my opinion @U-royFelixA

I can't imagine for the culture because I never had experience in Japan. .... and the number of nuclear families has increased recently in Japan, I seldom eat dinner with my family.

I've seen same like the custom on Korean TV drama before though old customs are very beautiful.

Bye the way, I ate the high school meal at today's lunch time. Japanese school lunch is amazing!    

28276439_10214454415770585_1336028099591656066_n.jpg28660814_10214454415450577_3677900830278629417_n.jpg28472214_10214454414850562_7306233134839150916_n.jpg