AmericanAardvark's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Creation of GlobaLocalGuides.com for local guides who "Think Global and Act Local.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Circa 07/27/2018
Exact details to follow soon. 
I am creating a website called GlobaLocalGuides.com  
It is in Beta production.
I am on a quest to unite 41,891 active Google Local Guides and invite them to join GlobaLocal Guides as they represent their respective local zip codes.

<Developing Story>Think Globally    -    Act Locally!!!Think Globally - Act Locally!!!

Austin, TX, USA
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Creation of GlobaLocalGuides.com for local guides who "Think Global and Act Local.

Hi @AmericanAardvark,

Please note that such a URL would not be acceptable as it violates bullet two of our externally available brand guidelines "Do not name your product(s), domain name(s), website(s), company, or other assets “Local Guides,” “Google,” or anything similar that may make your product appear to be an official Google product." You are welcome to have a fan website but it is important to note it as an unofficial fan website that is not directly affiliated with the Local Guides program.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 4

Creation of GlobaLocalGuides.com for local guides who "Think Global and Act Local.

Circa July 27, 2018

11:00 am Central Standard Time

Exact details to follow soon.  I am creating a website called GlobaLocalGuides.com  

It is in Beta production. I am on a quest to unite 41,891 active Google Local Guides by joining GlobaLocal Guides as they represent their respective local zip codes.

<Developing Story>Think Globally    -    Act Locally!!!Think Globally - Act Locally!!!

Level 10

Re: Creation of GlobaLocalGuides.com for local guides who "Think Global and Act Local.

Hi @AmericanAardvark  

welcome to Connect, the community of the Google Local Guides

Local Guides is a program for individuals only. Business activities are not allowed in here. So, being a Business activity, you should not be in this program

Also, I want to inform you that advertising is not permitted in Connect. 

The good news is that, for business activities, you can register in the free program of Google Mybusiness, so please:

I wish you good luck for your business

Best Regards 
Rezgar

Level 10

It sounds interesting @AmericanAardvark

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @AmericanAardvark,

Please note that such a URL would not be acceptable as it violates bullet two of our externally available brand guidelines "Do not name your product(s), domain name(s), website(s), company, or other assets “Local Guides,” “Google,” or anything similar that may make your product appear to be an official Google product." You are welcome to have a fan website but it is important to note it as an unofficial fan website that is not directly affiliated with the Local Guides program.

I am not available to respond on the weekend