Ian_Fry's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Contributor Badge - One Level

Hello,

I noticed whilst looking at my profile on mobile, that the Contributor badge seems to just have one level.

Is there not a 'Expert' or 'Master' category like the other badges?

Screenshot_20230317_003801_Maps.jpg

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Contributor Badge - One Level

Hello @Ian_Fry 

You are very correct !!! The new contributor badge has only one level. This is a relatively new badge. I first noticed it on January 2023 and was quite excited about it. I wrote a post on A-6th-new-badge-NEW-CONTRIBUTOR as soon as I noticed it on my profile.

I don't think it has an Expert or a Master level like other badges. Maybe in the future days,but for now that's it. Enjoy your new badge and congratulations.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Ian_Fry 

You are very correct !!! The new contributor badge has only one level. This is a relatively new badge. I first noticed it on January 2023 and was quite excited about it. I wrote a post on A-6th-new-badge-NEW-CONTRIBUTOR as soon as I noticed it on my profile.

I don't think it has an Expert or a Master level like other badges. Maybe in the future days,but for now that's it. Enjoy your new badge and congratulations.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Thanks @SholaIB 

Yes, hopefully in the future they add more levels. It just seems a bit redundant as virtually everyone will earn this badge.

It would be good to get some other badges in the future too to measure other types of contributions.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Ian_Fry 

Good to know that,that answers your question. I agree with you,badges are part and parcel of connect. Some local guides are still quite excited to have it.

Please could you kindly change the label of your post to "How-tos board  "  rather than the achievements board that's where questions and inquiries are mostly located. In that way connect is more organised and others wanting to ask or search the same question can easily find it.

It might interest you to have a look at this post How-to-choose-a-topic-for-your-Connect-post . We value your participation on connect.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge