EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Connect Live 18: Favourite Gift Items

Still reminiscing the experience at Connect Live 2018 two months ago and there are still so much to talk about. Here are some items from the event you may be familiar with. Some were from the Google team while others courtesy of Local Guides around the world. Caption: Gift items from Google Local Guides displayed on a brown tableCaption: Gift items from Google Local Guides displayed on a brown table

Imagine taking over hundred items with you,on a trip, just ensure 151 + 50 attendees have something from your country. That's how big-hearted Local Guides can be!Caption: Some sweets, candies and cheese from Connect Live attendeesCaption: Some sweets, candies and cheese from Connect Live attendees

Caption: Biscuitsand snacks made in different countriesCaption: Biscuitsand snacks made in different countriesSome of these biscuits and  candies found their way to my taste bud recently. Chocolatey, milky, spicy and yummy substances from different countries. Tastefully made.

Caption: KeyholdersCaption: KeyholdersKey-holders, pins, bangles of  various shapes and elements showed how Local Guides made effort to leave a positive experience in our minds. The iconic items portrayed landmarks, communities, country, tourism, culture and patriotism.Screenshot_20181223-094715.jpg

Neumatics has been a passion. I never knew how to expand but it's been boosted with these beautiful coins from various countries; So grateful to LGs. I gave out over 150 freshly mint Nigeria Two Naira coin (top right). The gold, silver, bronze and metallic monies come invaluable for my collection.I want more coins from other countries too!☺

Caption: Postcards, stickers, stamps and magnetic complimentary cardsCaption: Postcards, stickers, stamps and magnetic complimentary cards

So here is the tip: If selected to attend Connect Live event,find something from your community/country that will tell a story and leave a sweet memory in the minds of other LGs. It could be as simple as candies or coins!

I never expected such numerous gifts, I'd have been better prepared too.

Every item comes in as my fave! Thank you Local Guides.      

Xoxo

Emeka

P.S: I will appreciate if you can send me coins from your country. Send me a private message for more discussion.

13 comments
Level 6

Re: Connect Live 18: Favourite Gift Items

Great post.  Your picture of the coins caught my eye the most.  Beautiful artwork in foreign coins.   Not familiar with the Connect thing.  Only certain people are selected to attend?

Connect Moderator

@EmekaUlor Hmm! These are all valuable gifts! I love all of these... 

Keep inspiring!

Happy Guiding!

Level 9

@EmekaUlor Amazing, how valuable you treat them, great. All the best. 

Lenin
Level 6

Thank you so much @EmekaUlor for sharing with us, it is so inspiring. 👌🏾👌🏾

Level 7

Wow amazing. This shows how local guides from all around the world are like a family. This love gesture is priceless. 

Level 7

Great post @EmekaUlor . Astonishing pictures displayed are catchy especially the yummy yummy!

Thanks for sharing 

Level 8

It was pleasure meeting you @EmekaUlor  and I believe the true gift of this event is the valuable friendships we have gained.

Looking forward to see you again!

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/egyptgooglelocalguides/
Level 10

@EmekaUlor great post!!!! I have nostalgia 🙂