Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Challenge: Share a museum photo on Google Maps to earn a Connect badge

So far in 2023 myself and @ZoeOooe have visited Centre d'Interpretació Sant Francesc - Parc natural de ses Salines d'Eivissa i FormenteraCentre d'interpretació Madina Yabisa, Kirkleatham Museum, the National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology, and  - with the Manchester Local Guides led by @PeteMHW - Manchester Museum

But for this challenge I'll share a popular photo from a much smaller museum - Apedale Heritage Centre

interior of Apedale heritage Centre showing a display of bricks with a flat concrete floor surface clearly sectioned up by yellow painted linesinterior of Apedale heritage Centre showing a display of bricks with a flat concrete floor surface clearly sectioned up by yellow painted lines

https://goo.gl/maps/oTLfESqZwRKyHpoA8

Apedale is a small volunteer led museum, created by the local community to celebrate the history of their recently ended mining industry. This photo has had many views already, probably because it clearly shows the accessibility of the venue and the type of artefact the museum holds. In this case not great art or jewels - bricks. Hundreds of them, created in the local area throughout the industrial revolution and beyond, and each proudly stamped with a maker's mark. Pride in this utterly mundane item is palpable and infectious; my absolute favourite has to be this "substantial souvenir" which is one of a "limited edition of 231,336".

a "limited edition" and "substantial souvenir"" - picture of a brick with a plaque containing these wordsa "limited edition" and "substantial souvenir"" - picture of a brick with a plaque containing these words

Black Country wit at its most sarcastic.

It's important Local Guides add as many photos and details as they can for these smaller museums, and I ensured I added photos of it's entrance, cafe, and food options (Black Country speciality Outcakes 🥞).

Level 7

সুন্দর একটি জাদুঘরের পরিচয় করাতে পেরে খুশি লাগছে।

আমাদের প্রিয় কমিউনিটি Bangladesh Local Guides এর 200তম মিটআপে যোগদেয়ার জন্য যখন বাংলাদেশের রাজধানী ঢাকাতে অবস্থান করছিলাম। তখন আমি পরিদর্শন করি।

IMG20221222151846.jpgIMG20221222142132.jpgIMG20221222145012.jpgIMG20221222145118.jpgIMG20221222150028.jpgIMG20221222150251.jpgIMG20221222151247.jpgIMG20221222151808.jpgঙ্গবন্ধু সামরিক জাদুঘর
01769-017770
https://maps.app.goo.gl/UFTu8ej9FRonX6if9

Md. Razzuil Baky (Rozzub)
Level 8

Hey @LightRich ! Thanks for tagging me in this post. I think I will definitely participate in this interesting challenge soon. 

Great picture of Casa Lázaro Cárdenas in Los Pinos 🙂 and a nice explanation of the house at Complejo Cultural Los Pinos👍

AaFR.---
Level 7

Thanks @ErmesT 

You're wonderful!

Level 7

Hi @Rohan10 and @Ivi_Ge  It seems that my review of the museum has been withheld from publication by over active AI algorithms.  I've just become aware that this is a much wider (and VERY FRUSTRATING) issue with many more people making valid reviews and having them banned than just me.  I have submitted the appropriate form to have the review reviewed (!) and allowed to be published, but until then there's not a lot else I can do.  I trust this will not be held against me or anyone else in the same situation in the assessments. 

The competition is a great idea and I am already enjoying reading other people's accounts of their museums! Thank you!

Level 10

Sharing a museum photo: The Jetty Museum in Windermere, Lake District, UK

The Jetty Museum in WindermereThe Jetty Museum in Windermere

The Jetty Museum is located in Windermere in the UK which is part of the Lake District National Park and a World Heritage Site.

The photo shows a good selection of the boats on display in a clear bright room.

Boats have played a major part in local life for centuries so Windermere Jetty Museum is a fascinating place to learn about the history of boating on Windermere, England's largest natural lake. The museum houses an internationally important collection of boats, including steam launches, motorboats, yachts, and record-breaking speed boats. Visitors can also learn about the people who built and sailed these boats, and the impact that boating has had on the local community.

The museum is located in a stunning setting, overlooking Windermere lake. The building itself is a work of art, with its black-oxidised copper clad walls and large cantilevered overhangs. The museum is also committed to sustainability.

Windermere Jetty Museum is a great place to visit for families, history buffs, and anyone interested in the history of boating. The museum offers a variety of interactive exhibits, as well as boat tours and other events.

Link to the photo on Google Maps

Link to Review on Google Maps

Russell Holden
Level 8

@AdrianLunsong さん、こんにちは。

私の写真を気に入ってくれてくれてありがとう。
構成を少し変更し、博物館の中にあるまんが・ラノベ図書館の写真も追加しました。

Level 6

Hi @Ivi_Ge 

I absolutely love museums because there's something truly magical about them. Recently, I'd the opportunity to visit Kolhapur, a city in the state of Maharashtra in India and fortunately for me, it hosts one of the largest museums in the world.

Kaneri Museum

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ptHsgbe8XXRsUXZz6

also called the Siddhagiri Gramjivan Museum (Kaneri Math) or Siddhagiri Museum, is a unique sculpture museum spread over seven acres and has a history of more than 1000 years.

It is based on the concept of a self-sufficient village before the Mughals invaded Maharashtra, as envisioned by Mahatma Gandhi. There are as many as 80 village scenes with over 300 statues here, all depicting a typical village life.

One can see the house of the priest, the goldsmith, ironsmith, etc at work, a barber shop, a grocer’s shop, a farmer’s house, farmers in the field, and more scenes. 

Even though every sculpture was as lifelike and captivating as the last and my phone was filled with photos of it by the end, I'm choosing this one with great difficulty. 

Screenshot_20230526_215126_Gallery.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/J767%2BJH7+Kaneri+Museum,+Kolhapur,+Maharashtra+416013/@16.6115355...

A tip for those wanting to visit, go in the morning or at around 4 to evade the harsh sun, as most of the museum is located outdoors, and there's a lot to walk in the sweltering sun. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Museum of the Moving Image está ubicado en el Barrio de Astoria, Queens, New York.

Es una maravillosa muestra de la Historia del Cine y la Televisión a partir de los métodos para producir el material audiovisual, partiendo desde el equipamiento técnico, utilería, efectos especiales, etc.

Cuenta con muchas experiencias interactivas, donde podemos meter mano en talleres de animación, practicar la edición de audio, armar tus propios efectos de sonido y mucho más.

Para mi, la parte mas importante de este museo, es la exposición de Jim Henson, creador de Los Muppets, Sesame Street y mucho más. Pionero en el uso de marionetas en la televisión y el cine, técnicas de animatronics y creación de personajes icónicos.

Comentarios

Letrero Original, utilizado en Temporada 1 de The Muppets Show, 1976Letrero Original, utilizado en Temporada 1 de The Muppets Show, 1976

Este es el letrero original, usado en la Temporada 1, 1976. https://goo.gl/maps/e9Fv6v7C5aKtg6hK8 

_DSC2319 copia.jpgCookie Monster and ElmoCookie Monster and ElmoMiss PiggyMiss Piggy_DSC2437 copia.jpg

Level 9

Beautiful photos 

Alfred New
TRAC Badge