ShravanJain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Cannot update the google maps application

Hello googlers thank you for providing us to test the new AR mode.

But unfortunately I am unable to update my Google maps app on play store. Asking me to sign in even though I'm signed into my account.Also I have just updated other applications like Google pay and street view which went well.

Can  you find what is the issue.Screenshot_2019-02-12-06-09-16-540_com.android.vending.png

15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Cannot update the google maps application

Hello @ShravanJain, thank you for reaching us. I'm not sure if it's the issue with the Google Play website, or the updated version is not available yet in your country. I encourage you to try again later, and we will also look into this matter. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you updated to latest release? My play store says It's updated.

Hi @Anonymous, 

I just wanted to let you know that the Google Map version for Android is 10.9 and you also will need to have the ARcore to use this feature. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot my app is 10.9.2 . Just discovered that I could also join the beta program: is this required to test the new AR feature? I'm on a Google Pixel 3 so fully ARcore compatible.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You wont need to install the beta version of Google Maps in order to test the new functionality.

Please keep in mind that the feature is not fully rolled out yet and it is going to be fully rolled out in the next couple of days.

On a side-note, please check if the ARCore is installed on your device.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

Hello @ShravanJain, unfortunately only people who received the email will have the access. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the people that are allowed to access these boards are not the same that were invited to the preview?

Level 9

Still cannot update my Google maps application @Atsukot 

Still asking me for authentication.

All other apps work well.

Need help

Level 9

Even though I have not received the email ,how I am able to access this VR board !!??