EricMartinezPH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Can't Wait for Connect Live 2018!

Happy Monday fellow Local Guides from all over!

In just a couple of months we'll be seeing each other face-to-face for the Connect Live 2018.

Can hardly wait to once again link names and LG Connect usernames to faces as we all make our trek to SF.

Though I didn't get selected for the summit this year, what made this round even more rewarding for me is that my girlfriend @GrethelP was chosen. Woot woot!

We started with contributing to Google Maps about the same time and have encouraged each other to keep piling up the points wherever we go to continue helping our community.

What worked well especially is that we're both competitive types so we would naturally want to one-up each other, taking every opportunity to contribute wherever we go, whether just around the corner to get our errands done, or to places further out whenever we have to travel or work.

I will tag along of course with Grethel, so don't mind if I say hi and shake hands to you all during other happenings outside of the official LG events 😜

We'll be staying in other cities prior to the summit so we can also take the opportunity to film awesome content for our travel and lifestyle vlog while in the US (Feel free to check us out in our YouTube channel: In Between Maps)

Needless to say, our other mission is to add even more contributions to Local Guides in all the places we'll see!

We're also proud that our community back home in Nicaragua has steadily been gaining interest and more LGs are now knowing about the benefits of the program.

There were lots of curiosity around the summit application process and we were happy to share our knowledge with everyone.

We're 110% proud to represent the country and our objective is to later travel out to nearby Central and Latin American countries to spread the word further to both english and spanish-speaking Maps contributors. There's still a lot of room for the program to grow in the region so we're eager to assist in this upcoming spurt in our own little way 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to read our little update, have a great week ahead rockstar Local Guides!

Eric & Grethel from Nicaragua

Nicaragua Represent!Nicaragua Represent!

Nicaragua
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Can't Wait for Connect Live 2018!

Oh no! I hope that you both got selected!!!!

I can't wait to see the live coverage from #connectlive18!

Go go go!!!!

Level 10

Congratulations @GrethelP for being selected! We will meet in San Francisco 🙂

@EricMartinezPH thanks for making this post. It's very nice that you are contributing to the community together as a couple. I'm in a similar situation to you, as my boyfriend @santiagoirale is also a local guide and we share this amazing lifestyle together, attending meet-ups and contributing to Maps.

I can't wait to meet you both! I'm from Argentina and it would be great if you come and visit some time, I can be your local Local Guide 🙂

Happy guiding 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Hola Valeria! Can't wait to meet you personally as well soon!

And yes, Argentina has been always part of our long list so we hope to make it there sooner rather than later!

Met a couple of great LGs from Argentina last year and I think it's one of the strongest communities in Latin America for LG 🙂

Keep mapping both of you, love to hear the same story echoed all around the world. Mixing love with LG definitely works out! 🙂

Saludos y abrazos!

Level 10

Thanks a lot Lucio! I'm positive that the love coverage will be a huge hit too so LG from everywhere can follow along

Connect Moderator

Woot woot, @EricMartinezPH! Happy to hear your GF got selected, the competition between you both is pretty awesome and I'm sure it results in some amazing contributions by you both! I didn't get in this year but I'm definitely looking forward to the coverage and hearing all about it from those like you that I met last year and all of our other friends and the new attendees as well! I'm beyond excited!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Thanks a lot, brother! I'm very sure we'll meet again if not in Miami, then in another LG summit 🙂

Regards!

Connect Moderator

@EricMartinezPH wrote:

Thanks a lot, brother! I'm very sure we'll meet again if not in Miami, then in another LG summit 🙂

Regards!

Oh most definitely! 😄

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 7

Congratulations!

Level 10

@EricMartinezPH love and guiding are a very nice combination, and a successful one as well!

Nos vemos en San Francisco! 🙂

@EricMartinezPH  escribió:

Hola Valeria! Can't wait to meet you personally as well soon!

And yes, Argentina has been always part of our long list so we hope to make it there sooner rather than later!

Met a couple of great LGs from Argentina last year and I think it's one of the strongest communities in Latin America for LG 🙂

Keep mapping both of you, love to hear the same story echoed all around the world. Mixing love with LG definitely works out! 🙂

Saludos y abrazos!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG