Linnéa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Big trouble with lists in maps

First, I have to apologize for this is going to be long. But I've never had so much trouble with doing anything on maps until now when I created, edited and shared a list. 

1: The description of the list isn't fully shown on Android and isn't able to expand either. 

How it's shown, iOSHow it's shown, iOS

How it's shown, AndroidHow it's shown, Android

2: I've been making edits to the list, both on a laptop using Google Chrome and in the Android app on my phone. Choosing pictures and writing comments on every one of the restaurants in the list. Making sure to save multiple times while making the changes. And it still doesn't work. When I open the list next time, my changes haven't been saved. 

3: Sharing it through Instagram or Facebook. Because Instagram and Facebook only uses their own browsers to open up links, the follow button won't work. You can push it but you get an error message that says "you couldn't follow this list, try again".

Error message from Instagram web browser (in Swedish)Error message from Instagram web browser (in Swedish)

These three things have made it extremely hard to actually use the list as it's supposed to. If someone could pass this on to the right Googlers I'd be thankful. 

3 comments
Level 10

Re: Big trouble with lists in maps

Hi @Linnéa congratulations for your list!

I will try to answer your questions:

3) As you can imagine is not in Google power to change the way FB and Instagram threat external URLs; it's some years that are being opened in a custom browser.

1) You can write an Idea into Idea Exchange board requesting an improvement in the way the list are shown: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/ct-p/IdeaExchange

2) This could be a real bug, and could be necessary to ask a Googler to have a look into. I will tag @GeorgesHR for you.

Level 8

Svar: Big trouble with lists in maps

Ping @Andrew_C

Connect Moderator

Svar: Big trouble with lists in maps

This is kind if ironic. Here in Copenhagen I have in parallel with @Linnéa been working on lists of vegetarian and vegetarian-friendly restaurants etc. And I'm also feed up with the bugs in editing lists. I thought it was my fault because I used different platforms (same as you). But after sticking to only use the Android app I can now conclude that texts entered as notes to POIs on a list evaporate all the time. Some I have retyped 4 times. This prevents me from finishing my 2 veggie lists. But I have published one list : https://maps.app.goo.gl/dhgikAsxRNYb3YFD9 This us where I learned how buggy this new list editing software is. I hope @GeorgesHR will step in and communicate and fix this.