mhjn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Best review

please suggest me or send me link of some great reviews. I just want to improve mine☺☺☺

Sujanpur, Punjab, India
13 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Best review

The most important thing about a review is that it should be based on an actual visit you have made to the specific location, is that true of all your reviews?

Level 8

Again started reviewing my comments 

Level 9
Level 9

@mhjn your public profile https://www.google.co.in/maps/contrib/101435347763677595700/reviews/@24.7610951,71.2612612,5z  shows you made 378 reviews across a very large area of India all within the last week.

Please answer directly, how many of these places have you visited in person and when?

Level 9

@mhjn the best review rating I got was for the US consulate visit of mine for my visa. I had narrated the whole step by step experience of not carrying your mobile etc. To the politeness of the staff inside. It was demystifying for a lot of people about to go there.

As @Pea said, best review is detail of your actual visit which will help others as most people have the same questions for any similar place like for a restaurant, their signature dish, quality, service, pricing etc. So the more descriptive we are the best review it will be.

Hope it helps!

Level 8

Plz check you private msg inbox sir @Pea

Level 8

Will try my level best @AslamMo

Level 5

@Pea if you check my profile I have added more than one thousand photos in the last two weeks from 6 different country including  many different states of usa. I personally travelled all this places and try to make beneficial reviews for others. After your comment I reconsider and thought that how can Google confirm that I have really visited this places. USA photos are new and Google can see from my timeline that I actually was there but for Japan and Malaysia I visited these countries in 2004. 

Level 9
Level 9

@okans wrote:

USA photos are new and Google can see from my timeline that I actually was there but for Japan and Malaysia I visited these countries in 2004. 

Adding 13 year old photos to the map is obviously problematic (especially when it's a distant location you may not have visited since) as you have no idea if the image is still an accurate representation of the place. Map photos are not meant as a public album to document our journeys, they are intended to help map users understand what a place looks like now

Level 5

Thank you for the good tips @Pea . I have added just 10-20 photos from my Malaysia Japan trip of 2004. Most of the photos probably still valid. (Petronas towers, historic building in hitotsubashi university and etc) 

It is a good point that maps is not our archive and the places may have changed but what if I add a caption and mention that the photo was taken in 2004 (that was what I exactly do for some photos) . Isn't that a kind of public service that gives an idea about how the place looks like 10 or 100 years ago?  Is this against the policy of photo sharing on maps?