mhjn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Best review

Thank you for the good tips @Pea . I have added just 10-20 photos from my Malaysia Japan trip of 2004. Most of the photos probably still valid. (Petronas towers, historic building in hitotsubashi university and etc) 

It is a good point that maps is not our archive and the places may have changed but what if I add a caption and mention that the photo was taken in 2004 (that was what I exactly do for some photos) . Isn't that a kind of public service that gives an idea about how the place looks like 10 or 100 years ago?  Is this against the policy of photo sharing on maps? 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @mhjn, this post contains tips on writing genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps, written by @YanniY herself! Check it out 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Thanx lot for providing me this link @JeslynL

Level 9
Level 9

@okans wrote:

Isn't that a kind of public service that gives an idea about how the place looks like 10 or 100 years ago?  

It is a public service, but Maps is not the place for it as Google Maps is about what places look like now.

A good home for your historical photos would be a custom map via https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/ which can be public and shared