BridgetD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Best breakfasts in the world! What is the most iconic breakfast in your country?

Lassi! Yum!!! Thank you for sharing! 

Level 1

Re: Best breakfasts in the world! What is the most iconic breakfast in your country?

Pho- Ha Noi

Level 10

Hi @BridgetD we are Indonesian people, especially who lives in East Java, usually eat NASI PECEL for breakfast. Nasi means steamed rice, pecel is kinds of steamed vegetables (commonly spinach leaves, papaya leaves, beluntas leaves, and green bean sprouts) then poured with chili sauce made from peanuts. To make it easy to imagine, watch my video below 😉

Level 2

Breakfasts from around the world

I am from Ecuador and live in los angeles california, I share some photos of the traditional breakfasts of my country.

Soy de Ecuador y vivo en los angeles california, comparto unas fotos de los desayunos tradicionales de mi país. 

Bolón de Verde: Ecuadorean Green Plantain Dumplings stuffed with cheese and chicharrónBolón de Verde: Ecuadorean Green Plantain Dumplings stuffed with cheese and chicharrón

stuffed with cheese and chicharrónstuffed with cheese and chicharrón

Level 9

Level 5

TÜRKİYE

Türkiye' de özellikle doğu yöresinde kahvaltı çeşitleri bol ve harika çeşitliliğe sahiptir. görsel olan resimde bunun örneğidir. Bitlis Van Hakkari Diyarbakır Siirt Muş Bu yörelerde kahvaltı çeşitlerinin doğal olması çok mükemmeldir. 4214_1.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Re: Breakfasts from around the world

Thanks a lot for sharing these yummy meatballs @Eddie-Iván1660!

I am merging your post into  thread with a similar topic :).  As it looks like you are new in the forum, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? For example, this section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. October 2017 introduction thread, too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any help or tips. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 6

Hola!! My name is Anahi, I am from Guatemala, in Central America. In my country we usually eat almost the same everyday, we call it "Desayuno Chapin" ( "Chapin" is a slang to say that something or someone is from Guatemala) it includes:

~ scrambled eggs with tomato and onion or fried eggs.

~  black beans (refried beans)

~cream

~cheese*

~ friend Platanos

~ Chirmol *

~ Tortillas

*Our  cheese looks like tofu, not like white American cheese.

*Chirmol : put tomatoes and garlic into the blender,  then cook it with cilantro and chopped onions and seasoned with salt. 🙂

I hope this information help you, good.luck with your book! 

Level 5

Hi,

I live in India.

We are a diverse people and our food also is varied.

One of our most famous breakfast dish is called 'Dosa'

It is a flat cake shallow fried in a frying pan.

It is white in colour.Dosa with sambar and chutneyDosa with sambar and chutneyDosaDosa

Ordinary Rice and split black gram is is soaked  for a few hours , ground into a batter and left over night to ferment.

The fermented batter is spread onto a frying pan and fried with minimal oil.

It is accompanied by a dip made out of ground coconut (chuntey) and a tangy soup made out of split pigeon peas (sambar).

It is traditionally served on banana leaf.

Level 7

Hi I am from India. As you India is a diverse nation so our food also differs from a place to another. In our locality,i.e., in Bihar, we prefer heavy diet even in breakfast which includes roti(Chapati), mixed vegetables, milk, chutney and salad.