cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Benefits Update: Drive Storage moving from 1TB to 100 GB

@LuisR wrote:

Hi @NalinK, you can read about that in our Help Centre: https://goo.gl/rKvdAs

In short, you'll be able to keep those files but if you are over your capacity you'll have to move them elsewhere

thank you 🙂 i will check 

Level 4

I completed Level 4 on 7/17/16 ..But my Google Drive did not update to the 1TB

I completed Level 4 on 7/17/16. But my Google Drive did not update to the 1TB. Note I have been a member of Local Guides for about a year. Can someone fix this for me? 

Level 8

Re: I completed Level 4 on 7/17/16 ..But my Google Drive did not update to the 1TB

Hi @RyanS,

Previously, the Drive benefit is delivered to you only by email  It can take up to 5 weeks to arrive.

Now , the LG benefits can be check at the LG home page at HTTPS://www.google.com/local/guides/home

It will be listed under Level 4 and is normally much quicker than email.

Former Google Contributor

Re: I completed Level 4 on 7/17/16 ..But my Google Drive did not update to the 1TB

Hi @RyanS

That's right. If you have signed up before July 7, 2016 (12am GMT), you can still unlock the original 1 TB offer if you reach Level 4 by July 21, 2016 (12am GMT). You can visit your Local Guides profile page to redeem your free Drive storage. If you are still facing trouble, do let me know and I can get in touch with you separately.

@Tito @KRShajahan You can redeem your drive storage voucher on your Local Guides profile page. If you are unable to see it, please tag me in your response so that I can get in touch with you separately to troubleshoot. 

@GregW @Anonymous  @ReviewWala Thanks for your feedback. We're always working to improve our benefits and will work to improve the experience for our most frequent contributors over time.

Level 4

Missing 1TB drive storage.

I signed up to contribute before the 7th of july and reached level 4 before the 21st of July (12AM GMT from the site).

When I went to redeem my 1TB I was given only 100GB.

Please help me to rectify this ASAP.

I have contacted [EMAILHIDDEN] with no reply.

Level 4

Level 4 before deadline, but redemption link says 100MB

I can see that this has been an issue with several people, but I thought I had better add a topic as well, to make sure it is resolved for me too. I completed my Level 4 requirements the day before the deadline, but when I go to the redemption page through my profile, it only says I'll be receiving 100MB. I will also send out an email to local-guidesATgoogle as soon as I post this message.

Level 7

1TB reward

Hello, I have been looking for help and am now trying to post here.  I reached Level 4 July 19th and signed up for Local Guides back in Oct 2015.  My reward was only for 100GB not the 1TB.  Is there a way to have this corrected?  

Thanks,

Ed

Level 6

Did not get 1tb for 24 months ($240 value) but 100gb for 12 months ($24 value) after completing

ADD A REPLY

Hi,
I entered the google guides program last month, after seeing a promise of 1tb for 24 months ($240 value) when I reach level 4 (200 reviews/photos/answers/edits). 
Around July 8, I accidentally stumbled on an article warning of a benefits change. Now only 100 Gb are offered for level four. BUT! Those who applied before July 7 can still get all their data if they finish by July 21. I did. I was done by July 19. But nothing happened. NO DATA. nothing. But I waited. Then today I get an email for 100 gb for 12 months... NOT what was promised. 
I have to mention that I did not get any warning from google itself.
Thank you!
Anna

Here is part of the article:
You have until July 21 to unlock the 1TB of storage by reaching level four...
That’s because after July 21, the offer of free Google Drive storage drops from 1TB to 100GB. The unfortunate notice came in one of the regular emails to contributors about the program.