cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Beautiful Bangladesh: part 1, Jaflong

Cover.jpg

[Cow herd returning home in the afternoon. Green trees are in India]

Bangladesh Local Guides (#BDLG) arranged a mega meet-up on 18th and 19th December 2020. The main venue was Jaflong, a tourist spot on the Bangladesh-India border. It is a beautiful place to visit. Jaflong as it has many natural attractions to see out of which waterfalls, river, hills, tea gardens are prominent. On our first day of the meet-up, we visited the zero-point of Jaflong where we spent very enjoyable moments sightseeing. 

Jaflong ZeroPoint top and bottom photo: the zero point is the place where the Bangladesi tourists gather to see the beauty of Jaflong. You can hire a boat here for the river cruise, you can see many colorful stones here, you can take bath and you can see the Indian Dawki Bridge from here.

[Jaflong Zero Point]

[River bank made of stones]

Boats play a very crucial part in Jaflong. Tourists can hire various kinds of boats here. We hired 2 boats to carry all the local guides for a river cruise. Boats also play an important role in the life of local people. During the rainy season, they cannot cross this place without a boat. Many people also lead a life of a boatman for his livelihood. I will include some boats here in my future post "Boats of Bangladesh". 

[Boats waiting for tourists]

[A boat carrying local passengers]

[ Tourists boats in the river ]

[Local children enjoying the sand and sunbathe. They like to spend their time with the tourists]

[Two local girls fishing in the river that recalled my childhood memories]

[The afternoon winter sun reflection in the river water at Zeropoint, Jaflong.]

Solar light like the below one plays an important role to keep this tourist spot a secure one. Bangladesh government has installed many solar lights so that the tourists can stay at the Zero Point area safely after the evening. 

[ Solar light in Zero Point, Jaflong. Green trees are in India]

I took the photo of this nice tree when I went outside of  Jaflong Green Resort at night to see the night view of the Indian town Dawki. You can take tea and snacks in a restaurant close to this tree.

The day and night of a beautiful tree:

Daytime photo (above) of the below tree in Jaflong

Related posts you may like to read:

I attended a meet-up full of enjoyment & rare experiences

The colorful stones of Jaflong

Dawki: The Indian beauties I saw from Bangladesh

Flowers I saw during meet-ups 2

I have taken all but the last photo with my Nikon D5600 Camera and 18-140mm lens. This post will go under the hashtag #BeautifulBangladesh. 

#BDLGCPC #connectcontest #bangladesh

Jaflong, Bangladesh
39 comments
Level 9

Re: Beautiful Jaflong

Amazing photos!  Jaflong is a beautiful place to visit and many things to see @MukulR 

Thank you for sharing your post with us.

Connect Moderator

Hello @MukulR 

It's nice to see your post about beautiful Jaflong. Indeed it is beautiful, I like the pictures.

Do you live in this community or it's just a tourist area? I read about your childhood memory in the post. It's nice to see children catching fun😉. I love that. As a tourist do you pay to get into Jaflong? 

Thanks for sharing this with us on connect 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Wow beautiful photos you’ve captured. I went Jaflong two time had lots of memories with my friends. @MukulR  

Bangladeshi Local Guide
Level 9

Absolutely right, Jaflong has endless beauties to present to us. I agree with you @AbdullahAM . I think you need a week-long tour to see all the beauties there. Thanks for your nice comments and for liking the post. Stay safe. Regards. 

Level 5

nice

Level 9

Hey @SholaIB After a long time I read your comments. I hope you are spending some busy time there. Anyway, Jaflong is a tourist spot in Bangladesh. It is a very beautiful place where you can see river, stones, hills, tea gardens, waterfall all these beautiful things together. To me, it is a compact and full package of natural beauties. I have never been there before our December-2020 meet-up. It is really an amazing place to visit in Bangladesh. 

During my childhood, I also had the experience of catching fish as the girls are catching in my photo. Thanks for liking that photo. As a tourist, you need not pay to enter Jaflong. But all other expenses resort, food, boating etc. you need to bear yourself. Stay safe. Regards. 

Level 10

Beautiful place Jaflong. Post all photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing & remembering the sweet memories @MukulR

Level 9

I am very much glad to hear that you have experience of visiting Jaflong @BiplobKumerGope I went there once only and planning for more trips in the future. Thanks for your nice comments and for liking the post. Stay safe. Regards. 

Level 9

Dear @Aman7861

Keep in mind, when responding to others, make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post, so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.