Zahid_opal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Bangladeshi New year(Pahela Baishakh)

Pahela Baishakh or Bangla Noboborsho is the first day of Bengali calendar which has been celebrating by Bangladesh and West Bengal of India since The Mughal Rule. In Bangladesh, the festival is observed as a public holiday and people of Bangladesh celebrates the day countrywide with lot of activities. There was a Baishakhi Fair in my local area (Uttara,Dhaka) on last 14th April of this year. I have gone to see the fair in sector-13 along with some other friends of mine. After reaching there, we have seen a large number of people gathered in the place wearing colourful traditional clothes. I saw people were enjoying varieties of traditional foods with there friends and family. Fanta Bhat ( watered rice), ilish Bhaji (fried hilsha fish) and some Bhartas (mash) are mostly the common traditional food for this event. I have noticed the kids were mostly attracted in riding Horse and Nagordola. There were a lot of toy shops for them and most of them had some real old toys. Besides all these, a group of singers and dancers were singing and dancing on stage. They were dancing with our traditional songs and the crowd enjoyed that fully.a local food called Jhall Muria local food called Jhall Muri2 kids enjoyinging  Horse Ride in Baishakhi Fair2 kids enjoyinging Horse Ride in Baishakhi Fair

Md Zahidul Islam Opal
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Bangladeshi New year(Pahela Baishakh)

nice post and the pictures...