Indraneiltomar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

'Available for Hire' not working

Hi Google Moderator @TraciC,

I have been coordinating with your team since 2 and a half years now, from the very beginning when 'Street View - Trusted' was 'Google Business View'. In these 2 and a half years I have been capturing virtual tours for my clients which had been approved and uploaded. As the time passed, we witnessed many changes in the program and the requirements we had to fulfill to become a trusted photographer. 

First, we had to publish and edit our shoots through online 'Pano Editor', which I successfully did and I got my certification in 2015. Then, in 2016, the name of the program was changed from 'Google Business View' to 'Google Street View - Trusted' and we were required to edit and publish 10 shoots once again to be certified (which was again done by me) and sales force software was abolished. Now once again there was a change made in the program in which 'pano editor' was removed and the trusted photographers were required to edit and publish shoots on a third party software. 

Having published 121 individuals photo-spheres till date, the Street View APK (which is now required to publish our shoots) does not allow my 'available for hire' status to turn on. Although it shows that my approved uploads are 121. When I toggle the button, a message pops up informing me that I am required to publish 50 approved photos. Before you closed the 'Report an Issue' portal, I had been coordinating with Marisa O. and then with Ayana F.  on the same issue and they acknowledged that there was some issue with transfer of my old shoots to my account. After they checked with their engineering team, my rest of the approved shoots were also transferred to my Street View APK. They also sent me a screenshot showing that my name is available on your street view tab but now when I check my status on the App, it shows 'available for hire : No'.

I will be attaching every possible proof I have, showing that this problem has not been resolved for me since half a year now and you have acknowledged that the fault was on your part due to all the updates that you make on your servers.Screenshot_20170919-110910.png

Screenshot_20170919-110900.png

2017-09-19.png

2017-10-26 (2).png

2017-10-26.png

[Image removed by moderator]

2017-09-19 (2).png

I sincerely request you to help me out of this mess 

32 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 'Available for Hire' not working

Hi @Indraneiltomar this would be an issue for Googler @StephanieC

as she manages SVTP. Regards Paul
Level 3

Hi @Indraneiltomar!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and including your screenshots. We will investigate further and update you as soon as we can 🙂

As for the available for hire button saying no, not to worry, my teammates have already manually added your listing to our directory of photographers so that you appear. We will work on getting you access to the exclusive Street View trusted photographers board. Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Level 5

Stephanie,

We have many spheres and are showing as available to hire but when we search for photographers in our area we are not listed? Could you look into this please?

Level 6

Hi @StephanieC

There are many things seriously wrong with the imagery I have uploaded since 2015. All the old virtual tours are not functioning properly and the Business information on right hand side of google search is also not showing 'see inside' option for majority of the businesses I covered. The clients are after my life and are asking for their money refund. Problems that are faced by me are as follows :- 

1. 'See Inside' tab not showing on Google search right hand side info; although, 'see photos' option is visible.

2. Virtual tours are no longer inter connected like before. Previously every tour was perfectly functional when I uploaded them using 'Google pano editor' . Even if an arrow shows sometime, after clicking on it, the next imagery does not provide any arrow to move around the tour.

3. Multi-story tours are not showing option to jump floors like before. 

4. Small window in Google Maps (mobile platform), indicating a virtual tour, not showing like before.

P.S -- Here are the URL of the properties in mentioned in the images.

Max Paying guest house, Agra - https://goo.gl/maps/mjdVmfnBSCS2

Hotel Solitaire, Agra - https://goo.gl/maps/Ljjeyqqd3YU2

Chapter 1, Agra - https://goo.gl/maps/HC3gVDPhZe42

Prob 3Prob 3Prob 1Prob 1Prob 1Prob 1Prob 4Prob 4Prob 4Prob 4Prob 4Prob 4Prob 4Prob 4Prob 2Prob 2Prob 2Prob 2

Level 5

Hi,

I have more than 50 approved photos but cannot change the "available for hire" switch to yes. 

I also haven't gotten any invitations. 

Can anyone help?  

🙂 thanks, sincerely. 

Level 5

Hi Stephanie,

Would it be possible for your team to see why this is happening for me? I've uploaded 50+ photos that are approved and still cannot tog the switch on,

Thanks

@StephanieC wrote:

Hi @Indraneiltomar!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and including your screenshots. We will investigate further and update you as soon as we can 🙂

As for the available for hire button saying no, not to worry, my teammates have already manually added your listing to our directory of photographers so that you appear. We will work on getting you access to the exclusive Street View trusted photographers board. Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Level 7

I also have 56 approved photos published but the "Available for Hire" switch doesn't turn blue.

DBBEF00E-EA22-4162-89FC-3D14A15385A5.png6399CDCF-7F4D-4188-ABDE-EAFFE4881FA5.png 

Appreciate any feedback.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @NelsonGarcez,

Thanks for reaching out. If you're still not seeing the "available for hire" switch as turned on, please reference this FAQ for additional guidance. Best of luck!

Level 7

Hi @ArielleM_

Thanks for your reply. I have been through the FAQ's many times but they do not explain what is going on:

1) I have 56 approved and published photos. This is not just what the app says but you can really check each one on Google Maps and they are all there. I believe the issue of "quality" has been addressed.

2) the instructions in your FAQ and in other official Google instructions, state that you have to turn on the "available for hire" switch on the app to trigger the process of becoming a trusted photographer.  If that is incorrect please advise.

3) The weirdest portion is that the app says that you have 56 approved and published photos and when you try to move the switch you get the message "Requires 50 approved and published photos".  As Google was created by some mathematicians (at least Sergey was an honor's math student at UMD) I do not believe the issue is on the numbers (hopefully 56 is still > 50) but on a programming glitch.

I think the "best of luck" I need is to find someone that can help solve this and not punt.

Many thanks