Rahulgo8u's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Are you enjoying to be the local guide?

Hey all, I'm new here. I find it cool to be sharing photos for the nearby places and putting the content over map. How are you enjoying it, is it fun or boring after some time?

Rahul Anand
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Are you enjoying to be the local guide?

Dear @Rahulgo8u

As this is your first post so Welcome  to Official Connect Local Guides Community. 

Yes we really feel proud to be local guide. You can join us for the meet-up 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/ww-map-edit-walk-v2-delhi here is the link

Before to start here are some useful information’s

First you can introduce yourself in current July 2018 thread (Each month a new one is started)

If you've a question, before to contribute on Connect maybe a Local Guide already asked and received answers.

• Then think to use Search Field to check (in the top right hand corner).
    • You can even use keywords according to your request (As you will type Connect will show you several suggestions linked to words you enter).

Of course as Local Guide you have **####** access to all forums to share and contribute.

• Always choose the good forum to post in order to get best feedback.
    • Give a clear and complete title to your post if you want Local Guides to read it and reply!
    • To be in touch with a Local Guide simply mention him/her using@+Username in your post in order to warn it -Connect will send her/him a notification- (Typing @ in your post will allow you to see all Local Guides who contributed to your post).
    • Never share personal information’s on Connect (think to use private message if needed).

As Local Guide you can also create a Google+ page to start a Local Guides Community in locality you stay in.

Practice does make perfect and remember active involvement promotes learning: we learn by doing.

Regards 

Ambrish Varshney

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Dear @Rahulgo8u

As this is your first post so Welcome  to Official Connect Local Guides Community. 

Yes we really feel proud to be local guide. You can join us for the meet-up 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/ww-map-edit-walk-v2-delhi here is the link

Before to start here are some useful information’s

First you can introduce yourself in current July 2018 thread (Each month a new one is started)

If you've a question, before to contribute on Connect maybe a Local Guide already asked and received answers.

• Then think to use Search Field to check (in the top right hand corner).
    • You can even use keywords according to your request (As you will type Connect will show you several suggestions linked to words you enter).

Of course as Local Guide you have **####** access to all forums to share and contribute.

• Always choose the good forum to post in order to get best feedback.
    • Give a clear and complete title to your post if you want Local Guides to read it and reply!
    • To be in touch with a Local Guide simply mention him/her using@+Username in your post in order to warn it -Connect will send her/him a notification- (Typing @ in your post will allow you to see all Local Guides who contributed to your post).
    • Never share personal information’s on Connect (think to use private message if needed).

As Local Guide you can also create a Google+ page to start a Local Guides Community in locality you stay in.

Practice does make perfect and remember active involvement promotes learning: we learn by doing.

Regards 

Ambrish Varshney

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

Thanks for guiding me through @AmbrishVarshney. I will be going through the details shared by you and I  am looking forward to meeting with you and joining the event.

Rahul Anand
Level 10

Hi @Rahulgo8u and welcome! I'm David and I'm from Italy....so as you can see you can meet people from all the world here!

As time passes, I speak for myself but I think this is so for many Local Guides here, this program involves you more and more .... and does not become a mere "points collection" anymore, but it pushes you to always contribute to more with quality inputs, you know and want to better understand the customs and ways of life of other people from the other part of the world. So you learn that there are no differences between you and me, it is not religion or skin color that puts distances between people: the more you know the world and the more you learn that here we are all guests and all those with the same rights and you want to make it as much as possible better. Here meet-ups are organized to meet new people, we organize days to make places more accessible, we organize events where we can exchange opinions or even just a photo. This is our duty: to make this world a better place for everyone.

Bye,

David

Level 8

Thanks @davidhyno for such a generous reply. Yes we should respect each other and not discriminate on any basis. I also beleive in spreading happiness nearby and not hatred.

Rahul Anand
Level 10
Level 4

Thank you very much for your support towards me I hope you you will be my best friend Rahul go8u

Level 4

About you

Thank you very much for your support towards me I hope you you will be my best friend Rahul go8u