Grand_Jury's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Are there two types of picture posting?

Hey guys,

I noticed that when i attached photos directly to my review they are shown in my review, but not in my photos folder. Also I can't see how many views they have. When i post photos to the place they go directly to my photos contribution folder. Is it possible to join the photos from reviews with the rest of the pictures?

Cheers,

Jury

7 comments
Level 9

Re: Are there two types of picture posting?

Hello there, 

When you add a photo to any POI, you can find in your contribution page and drive.google.com/photos 

You can not find view on photo by visiting to POI. It's only possible at you contribution page >photos. 

@Grand_Jury

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Grand_Jury there are two kinds of photo contributions, flat or normal images and photospheres. Normal images no matter how they are added should appear in the same way unless they are reviewed and found inappropriate then they will be removed.

PM me a link to the place and your actual LG name and I will take a look.

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Grand_Jury,

I would like to be clear on exactly the issue you are facing before I escalate to the appropriate teams.  It sounds like two separate issues are occurring.

• You add photos to a place you reviewed on Google Maps but if somebody were to Google the photos of that place, your photo contributions to the place are not showing at the place and also not showing in your photo contributions?
  • You add photos directly to a place on Google Maps and they do appear in your photo contributions - are these same photos appearing/not appearing at the place?

Let me know or please clarify the above whenever you have time - thank you!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

Hello @BruceDM,

Thanks for your response. Looks like problem just solved itself. Photos visible both on my reviews and on Google Maps. It just took for some reason, longer than usual for photos i uploaded to appear under my review. But now I can see all photos I've posted together with my Niagara Falls review and all photos I posted together with Pleasant Beach review. All seems to look good now, I can also see the views count on pictures. Thanks.

Jury  

Connect Moderator

Good that this seems to have sorted itself out, but it would be great to know why it happened.

Thanks for coming to look @BruceDM

Level 7

I agree @PaulPavlinovich, i planning to submit more photos this week and going to monitor picture downloads closely. I will let you know if i notice anything out of normal or suddenly figure out what happened. Thank you and @BruceDM for quick response, I will keep you posted. 

Cheers,

Jury

Former Google Contributor

Hello @PaulPavlinovich and @Grand_Jury,

Thank you both for bringing this to our attention and feel free to reach out anytime.

I am not available to respond on the weekend