Glen_Alen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Anyone can explain all those icons?

Anyone can explain all those icons?Anyone can explain all those icons?

I know bold italic and underline 

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: What makes a good post?

Hi @Glen_Alen

Thank you for your participation in the program.

So you know the first three so I will start from the fourth one:

4) Strikethrough - the text is crossed out

Spoiler

5) Spoiler - text is hidden in spoiler

6) Insert code - not sure what is this one for but it looks like this :D.

7) Insert link - you can create a link. Example: What makes a good post?

8 and 9) You can add photos or videos to your post.

10 and 11) numbered list and bullet list if you want to create some list.

12) Spellcheck = basically a grammar check.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @Glen_Alen

Thank you for your participation in the program.

So you know the first three so I will start from the fourth one:

4) Strikethrough - the text is crossed out

Spoiler

5) Spoiler - text is hidden in spoiler

6) Insert code - not sure what is this one for but it looks like this :D.

7) Insert link - you can create a link. Example: What makes a good post?

8 and 9) You can add photos or videos to your post.

10 and 11) numbered list and bullet list if you want to create some list.

12) Spellcheck = basically a grammar check.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Re: Anyone can explain all those icons?

Hi again @Glen_Alen

I have also moved your post and my answer from What makes a good post? because it has no connection with that topic to new topic which I renamed to Anyone can explain all those icons?

Thanks for taking part & have fun in Local Guides Connect!

Level 7

What is HTML?

AND 5

How to insert code?

Hi again @Glen_Alen

HTML means Hypertext Markup Language. It is a programming language which is used mostly to create websites. So if you press HTML you will see (and can write) your post in HTML programming language.

Number 5 is spoiler which means that the part which is in spoiler will show up only after you press spoiler button. It is used to not spoil some information to anyone but only to people who click on the spoiler. For example if you speak about some movie and want to speak about how the movie will end but you do not want to ruin movie experience for those who have not seen it yet, then you put that information to the spoiler so only those who want to see will see it. You can see it in my previous post, whole 5) is in spoiler.

Level 2

Hello

Hello @Ifayomiidohoujean

Do you need help with something?

If you want to just say hi to others feel free to write something about yourself and get to know other fellows in Connect in our monthly Introduce Yourself section.

Thanks for taking part & have fun in Local Guides Connect!