Kol-Colleen_2018's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

An interesting review of a local and recently opened bakery and football practice

I've been reviewing places now since July 2018 (but with Blogger since 2006) and 3 places so far have stood out as being unusual; starting with the most recent, here goes:

The most recent surprise:

Yesterday.  I was looking forward to the opening of a new bakery as my eyes were drawn to its 'mountain' of nicely displayed pastries and cakes, as well as the nicely furnished seating area, so it was on my list of Want to go  places, like 'yesterday'!

It was my moment of cake and coffee TIME delight!  As I approached the bakery/cafe, I took a photo of the Exterior, like a Pro - was nice !  Then went in and was hoping to get just a cake and a coffee.  Nope!  I was given a menu.  To sit in the bakery/cafe, only orders from the kitchen could be taken.  So there I was, carefully going through the menu looking for a very light breakfast as eating out can be VERY VERY expensive if 'you're' not careful.  A lunch which can be a coffee/latte, schawarma and deliciously light carrot cake would set me back £10.50 approx (reel over Ludwig van Beethoven!) - which is the norm these days but bakeries usually charge much less.  Thank heavens!

Nope! (again), the kitchen was closed at 3 pm so I couldn't order from the kitchen.  Just the desserts counter.  

'Er. excuse me! You have to pay before you can eat' in the cafe area.

So I finally got me - pastry heaven!  A blueberry and custard doughnut type pastry - couldn't ask what it was because at that stage I was hungry!!   A truly soft and nice doughnut type pastry which wasn't sweet and with the custard giving it that 'yeah!' taste.  Goes really well with the latte.  To perfection! 

Yet I was ready to go and review another place nearby as I wasn't sure if a staff member wanted to read my review there and then or just liked 'being in the background' or maybe wasn't keen on someone reviewing the place.  Well it's an eaterie (cafe/restaurant) so it has to accept reviews for others to know what it's like!

Overall, good food and place!

https://goo.gl/maps/UMJGy29qdqkEgZ488

Another surprise:

A branch of a well known high street chain of cafes in a really good spot - literally at the front entrance corner of a much frequented shopping mall, and where I could sit for a good while reading my emails and messages on my phone, was fine, until I reviewed it.  When told I could only take an exterior shot, I thought,

well, other branches let customers take shots of their food (only and at least), as you would expect a cafe or restaurant to do.  

I notice though, just an exterior shot of a place has less views than one with views of the food itself.  When I take interior shots it's just of an unusual drinks machine for instance or the table decor. 

A very unusual surprise: 

A souvenir shop assistant was reluctant to have photos taken of the shop but kept saying, 'let me ask my manager'.  Although I purchased a really cool key ring I like, I didn't review the place yet I easily could have!

Now, either it has moved elsewhere or they have changed shop.  

Businesses are like stages, either welcome reviews or don't trade.

Nice keyring from an unusual souvenir and gift shop in Central LondonNice keyring from an unusual souvenir and gift shop in Central London

On my schedule yesterday too  was football practice for a football match at the Chelsea Football grounds.  

Football practice is refreshing on Blogger

jogging, running, walking,
swimming, playing hockey,
Laughing.

football practice, 
gets you feeling
refreshed and smiling.

(c) nature thoughts nw

Football practice is truly refreshing!Football practice is truly refreshing!

3 comments
Level 10

Re: An interesting review of a local and recently opened bakery and football practice

Thanks for sharing your interesting post @Kol-Colleen_2018 .

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

Re: An interesting review of a local and recently opened bakery and football practice

You're very welcome @TheEagleEye !  I am a writer and 'singer' and now food reviewer! 

😃 

Kol-Colleen

Google Moderator

Hey @Kol-Colleen_2018 ,

I have removed the solution from your post as only posts that have absolute answers should have accepted solutions. Please read this article for more information on the topic How do I mark comments as solutions?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!