LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Amazing Istanbul

Blue Mosque - IstanbulBlue Mosque - Istanbul

I've visited this great city few years ago, and I loved.

The atmosphere of Bosforo, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, are all great and international places.

You know that some of the most expensive and luxury houses in Europe are built on Bosforo?

Topkapi palace, with the great treasures and the harem is one of my favourite attractions. The other one is Ayran: i love Ayran, and I'm part of a FB group to share seeds to create it.

Have you ever been in Istanbul? What are your thoughts?

Istanbul, Provincia di Istanbul, Turchia
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Amazing Istanbul

These are historical and beautiful buildings ... 😮
But the bridge is modern. It's a nice combination!

Level 10

Yes @HiroyukiTakisawa the 15 July Martyrs Bridge is amazing. Connects Europe and Asia.

One of the longest in Europe!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @LucioV 

I was searching for the name of the bridge just now! 🙂

That is an amazing bridge!

Level 9

Amazing views, looks so great @LucioV

Thank you for sharing

Former Google Contributor

Hi @LucioV,

Thanks for sharing this amazing post with us. I have been in Istanbul in May and now you brought me back a bit. I loved the feeling inside of the Topkapi`s walls. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Hey @LucioV

We wanted to keep it secret, but me and the other two moderators @sonnyNg and @FelipePK organized a quick trip to Istanbul a couple of weekends ago.

The city was in my bucket list, but I soon realized that one weekend is not enough to explore at least the more interesting spot that it can offers. 

We just managed to see the European part, as we were quite close to the Blue Mosque, and on Sunday we visited Galata Tower. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing @LucioV

Istanbul is one of the places I love the most. I also have been there many times and I never get bored of going there again.

What about you @DoriyaKiz, have you ever visited Istanbul?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @LucioV,

Oh Istanbul S2! I've been there twice and as my buddy @Sorbe mentioned we went there a few weekends ago in a road trip. I personally like this city but for driving is a nightmare, specially Sultanahmet

We definitely had a great time there, we walked a lot and also enjoyed the food. During the night we had a help from of one my friends that was our Local Guide in the the city and took as to visit Karaköy where there are a lot of night bars and restaurant to hangout. She also taught us a very traditional board game called Okey that at first look I thought it was domino but it was so much more complex.   

The Sultan Ahmet Mosque - Blue Mosque

Galata Tower.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you for mentioning, @Sorbe.

Istanbul is a city with charm and really picturesque sights. 

My personal impression is that the city almost never sleeps, as the constant movement of the citizens would bring the city alive.

Istanbul in the early morning at 2'o clock

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!