bankoledada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Adding a business to google places in Lagos Nigeria (successfully)

Please, how do you add a business successfully to google places in a place like Lagos Nigeria?

I have tried it with about five of my clients and it has been impossible to verify

Lagos, Nigeria
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Adding a business to google places in Lagos Nigeria (successfully)

Hello @bankoledada,

In addition to what you've been advised above namely to check in Google My business how a business can be verified. I would like to step in with a quick reminder.

Since in your post you said that you are asking about your clients' businesses, I would like to remind you that the Local Guides program is for individuals only and it is against our rules to participate in it as a as brand, organization or business.

Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hi @bankoledada thank you for reaching out. I am not sure if I get your question but I will try to answer it, if you have tried to add a locations on Google Maps and the out come was pending, being reviewed or not applied there are reasons behind that and this post will tell you more about it, see this link Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”? but if you meant claiming a business on Google maps, the Google My Business help forum  will be more helpful providing step by step guidelines. 

Thank you.

Level 9

Hello @bankoledada 

In addition to the useful indication shared by #Raphael-Mahumane, could you please share details how you're trying to add business?

The best way to do so is visiting below link and add them, 

https://business.google.com

Choose start or sign in.

If the business is already on maps then visiting that link and claim it here. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @bankoledada,

In addition to what you've been advised above namely to check in Google My business how a business can be verified. I would like to step in with a quick reminder.

Since in your post you said that you are asking about your clients' businesses, I would like to remind you that the Local Guides program is for individuals only and it is against our rules to participate in it as a as brand, organization or business.

Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

response to google moderator

Thanks for your response. While i totally understand the rules, I feel a bit pressured by your response here. Is it totally wrong for me to ask for help about a personal issue that affect me as a business person here. I am not selling any information or making an offer to anyone so I am worried I am being reminded of what i already know

Stay safe