RajievR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Addictive to Adding

Adding new places and details to Maps is my addiction. I love to add new places & love to add missing information to existing places; why? Read alone...

My HQ, Where I added a lot of infoMy HQ, Where I added a lot of info

I use Google Maps Extensively in my daily life because I hate “fruitless” journeys. I hate when Shops are closed suddenly, I hate when I have to take you turns when I miss directions, I hate when the shop I visit don’t have the item I want to buy …etc. So I always check on google maps before going to a place, plan my (best) route, call the destination to check if they have what I want and whether they are open…

My EditsMy Edits

So, to do the above, (all) places in Google Maps should be with updated information about them (telephone number, Current location, Operating hours, email, website, Review’s, … etc) I find it awfully easy when a location has information that is up to date. I want others to enjoy this convenience too. So, when I find a place missing from Google Maps, the first thing I do is add that place to the maps. If there is missing information, I try to add/update them too.

Another small Business I have added, with plenty of viewsAnother small Business I have added, with plenty of views

Adding Addiction (only the approved)Adding Addiction (only the approved)

The main reason I add this information is (as stated above) I want everyone to travel smart. If you pre-plan your journeys well, you can avoid disappointments at the destinations. I have saved many driving miles and time because of Google Maps, and I thought why not

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Hence began my journey as a local guide.

Colombo, Sri Lanka