masud37's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A sudden visit to Cox's Bazar: The longest sea beach in the world

Cox's Bazar, the longest natural sea beach in the world. Photo: Masud Al MamunCox's Bazar, the longest natural sea beach in the world. Photo: Masud Al Mamun

Generally, I always find different opportunities to travel to different places, as many as possible. Of course, traveling is my passion and exploring new places and the new people, to me, is kind of exploring myself. Recently, I connected official as a Google local guide and feel honored for helping others to find a new place and the new experiences. It means a lot to me. 

On 23 April 2019, it happens to me to visit Cox’s Bazar for the couple days. I became so excited because it has been a long time since I visited Cox’s Bazar for the last time. It is one of the most lovely places to me in Bangladesh. Apart from my official business, I was just walking on the beach, taking photographs and video footage. 

View from the above: Cox's Bazar. Photo: Masud Al MamunView from the above: Cox's Bazar. Photo: Masud Al Mamun
Cox's Bazar sea beach is widely known as the longest natural sea beach in the world situated alongside off the Bay of Bengal of Indian ocean. It has unbroken 120 Kilometre natural beach, which is sandy and gentle sloppy by nature and really a unique example in the world. Within the beach area, there are unique and popular tourist spots which are diversified with flora and fauna. Some of the popular tourist spots are locally known ad Laboni Beach, Sughandha Beach, Himchari Beach, Inani Beach, Teknaf Beach, etc.

A view from Kolatoli sea beach point. Photo: Masud Al MamunA view from Kolatoli sea beach point. Photo: Masud Al Mamun
Cox’s Bazar is basically a southeastern coastal district of Bangladesh located 150 kilometers away from the Chittagong Divisional Headquarters.  The transport facilities to go to the beach is very good and people can go there on a luxurious bus, train, and air. The accommodation facilities are also very diversified with a large number of hotel, motel, and resort. They offer a wide range of accommodation classes that people can easily find something within their ranges. All the hotel maintains a high level of security and there are tourist police in the beach areas to protect the visitors from an unwanted situation. 

There are kind of mini hills beside the sea beach in Cox's Bazar. Photo: Masud Al MamunThere are kind of mini hills beside the sea beach in Cox's Bazar. Photo: Masud Al Mamun

The name of the Cox's Bazar district derives from the name of Captain Hiram Cox, an officer of the British East India Company. After Warren Hastings became Governor of Bengal, he appointed  Mr. Cox as the Superintendent of Palongkee outpost. and he successfully embarked upon the task of rehabilitation and settlement of the Arakanese refugees in the area.  Captain Cox died in 1799 and to commemorate his role in the rehabilitation, a market was established and named Cox's Bazar after him.

In the daytime, the colour of ocean blue will attract your eyes. Photo: Masud Al MamunIn the daytime, the colour of ocean blue will attract your eyes. Photo: Masud Al Mamun
After the influx of Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh in 2017, a large number of national and international organizations are working for their emergency response. So many national and foreign delegate is working here which created extra pressure for the locality. 

But for sure, whenever you go to the sea beach, you must love the vastness and the unique beauty of the sea and the beach.
You are always most welcome to visit this unique place!

You always can see a nice sunset from here. Photo: Masud Al MamunYou always can see a nice sunset from here. Photo: Masud Al Mamun
Masud Al Mamun
Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: A sudden visit to Cox's Bazar: The longest sea beach in the world

Hello @masud37

Welcome to Connect and thanks for this nice post! Since you're new you can let the community know you better by commenting the discussion Introduce Yourself - January 2020. You can also take a look at the 14 helpful tips for using Connect.

These places are very beautiful and you took very good photos. How did you manage to take such aerial pictures? Did you use a drone?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!