npishak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: A first-timer's guide to Jakarta

If I ever go here ill be sure to use this guide.

Google Editor

@Shirley It sounds like you had an amazing time! Great photos. I got the chance to see Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Room when she had an exhibition in New York and it was fantastic! She's such an incredible artist. 

Google Editor

@RahmatHarmanP Great suggestions!

Level 7

مرحبا انا لم ازور هذه الاماكن ولكن عندما راي هده الصور انا شغوف بزيارتها شكرا علي هذه المشاركه الرائعه

Connect Moderator

Thanks @npishak for sharing insights about Jakarta. Unfortunately, I have only visited Bali and Yogyakarta (to see and experience Borobudur). Jakarta is on my Bucket List.

I’m sure @iyudhi can share his insight of what to see and do here.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

I've spent half of my life living in Jakarta, which is also my birth place, but if I can be honest, I have a love/hate relationship with the city. Living in US for so long, it's not easy to get used to the hectic life of Jakarta whenever I go back home to visit my parents. However, I know for sure for people living in Jakarta, most probably won't want to move somewhere else (like my parents).

I don't have any special suggestions for Jakarta unfortunately. Most of my time there are spent around Kelapa Gading in North Jakarta, where my parents' house is, and just hopping around malls/restaurants/coffee shops in the area (the area has three major shopping malls... at least). I'll see if I can compile a list of my favorite places there, but most likely it won't be that special.

Level 6

Welcome welcome 

Level 9

Very nice post, thank you @npishak for sharing with us.

Level 9

@AriMar: Yes! I absolutely had a wonderful time with my friend at the exhibit. The art was very cool. Sometimes contemporary art is kind of strange and not very intriguing but this was very captivating! 

@RahmatHarmanP, yes! I went last year in November. My friend told me it only opened for a few weeks then and really had a great time! I think when I return in the future to visit my friends, I will want to go to the park that you mentioned! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Well done @npishak to visit this place....a lot of great wishes to u...