RasmusGi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A construction worker nearby loves you!

Construction workers loves you!Construction workers loves you!As a local guide I love posting images, videos, reviews and answering questions on Maps. I do believe this can help other people to get a better understanding of the area and country I am living in.

In general, I do believe it is important that all information on Google Maps are correct, properly formatted and updated at all times.

But I have found that some companies are relying even more heavily on the information all the local guides are providing. You probably do not think of it, but construction companies love you – or at least the information you are providing.

In most places where new houses are being built you will often meet several contractors delivering sand, bricks, lumber, windows, kitchens – and pretty much everything else you will need to build a house. These contractors often come in large trucks filled with building materials. They are on a tight schedule and thus they need to travel from A to B as quickly as possible, deliver their goods and on to the next place. They do not rely on GPS coordinates or a map in a book. They rely on Google Maps to show them the direction. Not just to the specific road but to the specific number of the construction site. They are wasting precious time when they cannot find the road, the company or the area where they need to deliver their goods.

Since these new houses or company buildings are often built in completely new areas that are still not visible on Google Maps these contractors are having a hard time to find them. Thus, it is important that you – as a local guide - help others to update business information, categories, roads, opening hours or anything else that can be of guidance to them.

I am passionate about making sure information on Google Maps are properly updated and I am passionate about that these construction sites are to be found and any newly acquired intel is being carried on to contractors via Google Maps. I have met numerous contractors who have been rather frustrated when trying to find the proper construction site. I love the fact that I can provide updated information about roads and business information. And I especially love when I know that information I have provided can help these drivers.

Contractors love you! At least some of them have told me once I have shown them how they can use Google Maps to acquire information on where to find the proper places accordingly.

Fun fact: We were lucky to be able to build our own house last year in a completely new development area. The entire area was not visible on Maps until I added it 🙂