Farhana_Rupa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A Story of a Journey with Local Guides

Hijabi LG GirlHijabi LG Girl

It's been almost two years I have started contributing towards google maps as well as get involved with local guides connect. A platform full of  diverse people where I can get to know about persons from different countries and their cultures, traditions etc.

People know me by  Farhana Rupa

Place from I belong : Dhaka, Bangladesh

I get introduced with google maps by my friend and then I met the great leader Mahabub Hasan and gradually started knowing about the community Bangladesh local guides and finally about Local Guides Connect.

Educational information: I am a final year student of Textiles as well pursuing my CIMA. Though I was not that much fortunate studying with technology but I always had a passion to learn about Technology and stuffs from the very beginning. As a result I started doing research by my own self and started studying. I started with Google Educator Group Dhaka south, then Google maps as well as Local Guides, Women techmakers Bangladesh and kept on going.

Profession : Basically I am not done yet with my studies but recently have got a chance to receive a Training from Augmedix BD.

I am a food and shopping lover. I love to experiment with fashion, doing makeovers. Cooking is my another hobby. I sing from my passion and dance as well 😄 I had an opportunity to anchor big tech/non-tech events too ^_^

I really love to explore new places as well as meet, hangout and help  most importantly learn something new and spread the knowledge.

As the girls do not feel that much interested towards technology, I always try to encourage them and try to let them know how technology can make our life more easier. For example, Google maps is helping us finding information about new places as a result we can save our valuable time, money and energy too. Then I thought why don’t I start to contribute on maps as by doing this I can help so many people without even knowing. Fortunately other girls are also getting involved into this social work and all of us are enjoying doing this work very much.

Now lets know about my journey:

I got featured for the fist time on local guides connect for arranging a hangout with FashionArtistas on 2017. Which was the best gift for me.

A Friday with Girls | Create an Outstanding Example | Local Guides Rocks 

This year my post got featured as an article too 😄

Let’s welcome the colorful spring

Introduce myself - My first post in Local Guides Connect 😄

50th meetup of Bangladesh local guides 2016 @fantasy kingdom

Celebration Of International Womens Day 2017 With New Female Local Guides

Celebrating Pahela Baishakh (Bengali New Year)

Motivational Speaker of Women Techmakers Program

Celebrating International Mother's Day

Super Girls, Super Local Guides

#LGSummit2k17 | Hope to See You All

75th Meet Up of Bangladesh Local Guides

Celebrating 4th Anniversary of Bangladesh Local Guides

So these are highlights of some of my journey.. hope you all would love it.. Thanks for the idea dear @MahabubMunna bhaia. Keep me in your prayers so that I can contribute more in order to develop country as well as helping others.. Cheers.. ❤️

DSC_0287.JPGDSC_0264.JPG28336394_10211681043848827_1927278093208929128_o.jpg7.jpgDSC_0276.JPGIMG-20180214-WA0094.jpg20170309_123956.jpgIMG_20170415_211919_567.jpg

Dhaka, Bangladesh
3 comments
Level 10

Re: A Story of a Journey with Local Guides

Amazing local guides journey @Farhana_Rupa best wishes for connect live 2018.

Level 10

@Farhana_Rupa best of luck . hope this year you meet with all other world famous and lucky local guides in Connect live

Mahabub Hasan
Level 7

Thank you so much bhaia.. you are such an inspiration.