Csaba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A Painted Protestant Church

A reformed (Calvinist protestant) church with painted, wooden panels on the ceiling and all around.  

dravaivanyi.JPG

These painted panels are quite particular to the region and most of them were made in the 19th Century. 

I have just added the place to the Maps and uploaded the photo, too. 

Edit: there are lots of other pictures in Google's Image Search - I have no idea why this gem had not been on the map yet.

Drávaiványi, Hungary
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Painted Protestant Church

Lovely find. Often buildings become art. This one is quite magnificent.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Csaba

Really nice photo, thanks you for sharing. Is that a Catholic church?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

No, @JavieraAu, as both the title and the body text say, it is a protestant church, sorry.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Csaba

I overlook the title because the photo distracted me. 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Wonderful design, lookes so nice, thank you @Csaba

Googler

How incredibly beautiful, @Csaba! What a lucky find to also be able to add the place to Google Maps; now your photo is the cover image! 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Beautiful photos @Csaba, thanks for sharing 🙂