cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

50years back Today ATM'$ were introduced

ATM: Automated teller machineπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€‘βœŒπŸ»
Today it all started

The world's first ATM was unveiled at a Barclays branch in Enfield, London exactly 50 years ago today and to commemorate this golden anniversary, Barclays Bank has turned the present Enfield cash dispensing machine into gold.

The "hole in the wall machine" was devised by Scottish inventor John Shepherd-Barron, who had signed a contract with the bank to create the first six ATMs. #celebrate_fifty_years_of_ATM_by_adding_ATM's_and_there_precise_info_in_your_localityπŸ€—

PicsArt_06-27-08.35.10.jpg

Thank You.

ArjuN Mathkar πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€ βœŒπŸ»

8 comments
Level 9

Re: 50years back Today ATM'$ were introduced

@Corrie@AnuragB @AradhanaB@TraciC🀠 Hi, please do give me feedbacks so that I can improve upon on my postsπŸ˜€

Level 10

This is the reason why I have 3 ATM cards now. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the informative post @ArjunMathkar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I'm still waiting for Bank One to reimburse me for not spitting out my $20 in 1989.

Very interesting topic, I was listening to a radio show this morning about this.

Level 8

Hii @ArjunMathkar

Thanks for the information.

Level 9

@BishowvijayaP@Umashankar@Anonymous thank you for feedbacks guysπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€ βœŒπŸ»

Former Google Contributor

Cool fact that I never knew! Older than most of us here it seems πŸ˜› Thanks for sharing, @ArjunMathkar! P.S Corrie is no longer with the team, so she may not be that active on Connect.

LOL @Anonymous, if only it would!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

All the information you write here in the post .i am reading first time. 

I never knew before the history of ATM ,place date,and inventor 's name.

Thanks for the information @ArjunMathkar

Level 9

@ArjunMathkar and the funny thing is today with Google Maps, the ATMS are almost non-existent.  Let's celebrate by working hard to add more ATMs to Google Maps as Local Guides!

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions